Join our zoo community

April Photo Showcasing(2021)

Discussion in 'Animal Photography' started by Julio C Castro, 2 Apr 2021.

1. Julio C Castro

Julio C Castro Well-Known Member Premium Member

https://www.zoochat.com/community/media/albums/april-photo-showcasing-2021.46/

Although today is April 1st, this will be no joke: it’s time for the Photo Showcase once again :cool: As before, here are the rules and just wanted to address an issue I’ve seen. While most of the entries are fantastic and my favorite source to see beautiful photos, I’ve seen some that aren’t up to standard for the showcase. Please, this is an album for the BEST OF THE BEST of photos. Unless you’re able to get an fantastic up-close portrait with little to no grain, subject is clear and not obstructed, solid composition, please refrain from snapshots from cell phones. As for the rules from before, here they are:

1. 4 entries per month.
    2. They can upload photos that can be found in the regular gallery if they’d like to.
    3. Photos don’t have to necessarily have to be from the month aforementioned in the title although it can take some time to develop photos.
    4. It must be photos we consider our best work meaning not blurry or potentially boring such as an animal butt as said before.
    5. To have the photos be of different subjects per month although they can be of the same subject the following month as long as all the entries for the month aren’t of the same one. Example such as 4 entries of the same specie.
    6. Photos aren’t strictly limited to zoological gardens. They can be from sanctuaries, aquariums, nature reserves, etc.
    7. Do try your best to add where they were taken either in the description or by adding tags.

Happy hunting everyone and please showcase the best, I’m so proud of those who’ve contributed beautiful entries to the albums. Some of you need to be published in magazines or at the very least get shoutouts from the places you take them ;)

2. CheeseChameleon1945

CheeseChameleon1945 Well-Known Member

Happy for this months Showcasing! I'm hoping since its getting (a lot) warmer here and more wildlife is showing up I'm hoping to get some great wildlife shots and potentially some zoo ones as well.

3. Julio C Castro

Julio C Castro Well-Known Member Premium Member

That’s great and get out when you can to shoot, we all are learning and it will make us better!

CheeseChameleon1945 likes this.