Join our zoo community

ARAZPA / ZAA

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Jarkari, 11 Mar 2010.

1. MRJ

MRJ Well-Known Member 15+ year member Premium Member

As a general reply to some comments, the conference brought something back to me. That is that ZAA is not a for profit business, it is an association directed by a board of volunteers. In the normal course of events decisions about policy can only be made at either quarterly board meetings or annual general meetings. Any organisation might take two or three or even more meetings to amend a policy. So no matter how frustrating it may be to an outsider waiting on a decision, a period of 6 to 9 months to formulate and adopt a new policy may not be seen as unreasonable.

Of course there is a professional staff in place to act on policies once adopted, so it would be reasonable to expect some expediency in implementing policies once adopted.

2. CGSwans

CGSwans Well-Known Member 15+ year member

I'm familiar with the list of full members, but am wondering which have gone through accreditation. The ones I know are:
    Perth
    Dubbo
    Healesville
    Auckland
    Sea World
    Altina
    NZA
    ARP
    Symbio
    Alice Springs
    International Antarctic Centre
    Keystone

3. Steve Robinson

Steve Robinson Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Are you not an individual member of ZAA? If not, why not?!!!

4. CGSwans

CGSwans Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Yes... am I looking in the wrong place?

Nowhere in the newsletters can I find a list that differentiates those full members that have completed the accreditation process and those which are still waiting.

5. Jarkari

Jarkari Well-Known Member 15+ year member

That is a shame. As is not being able to get a copy of the report. A little bit silly in my personal opinion. But hey.

6. LOU

LOU Well-Known Member

See page 15 of the February edition. It lists the members (there were only 22 at the time of printing) who are fully accredited.

:)