Join our zoo community

Arnold's Wildlife Rehabilitation permanently closes

Discussion in 'United States' started by SusScrofa, 8 May 2022.

1. SusScrofa

SusScrofa Well-Known Member

Arnold's Wildlife, a local Florida sanctuary, permanently closed this past week

They rescued various wild and domestic animals . I visited it once and got to feed the lemurs and raccoons. Seemed like a nice place, they were a 501(c)(3) certified and let anyone enter for free, donation was optional. All animals have moved to other sanctuaries. Have any other Florida residents visited this place?

If there's a general thread for closures, my apologies, you can delete this thread and move the info into that one.

Last edited: 8 May 2022
  2. TinoPup

TinoPup Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Disappointing to hear, they've had some neat species over the years. Thanks for posting this.

3. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey In the Swamp Premium Member 5+ year member

too bad, I did not know they were there.

Side note, does anyone know what the place at this location is:
    27.562467882288363, -80.82642500751903

It is nearby to the place in this thread, but unrelated as far as I can tell. They have zebra and other hoofstock on property, and you can see the paddocks from Google earth. I have driven by a couple of times and there are not any signs. Just south of it you can see an alligator farm (the squiggly ponds), but I don't think they are connected other than location.

StoppableSan likes this.
  4. TinoPup

TinoPup Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I'm not aware of anything there. It could just be a private owner who likes having more exotic stuff than horses.

Edit: Just noticed the street view is from 2011, as well.

5. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey In the Swamp Premium Member 5+ year member

It's more than just that, interestingly. My Google street has it from march 2022, you can see what appears to be monkey pens along the main yellow house, along with other animals. When I drove by (in February this year) I saw zebra, ostrich, and some other antelope further out than viewable. I found a Reddit thread here that mentions it, but I'm not sure they know what they are really talking about....you know how reddit can be.

***EDIT***
    I figured it out. I will start a new thread for it. The place is called Area 51 Sanctuary.

Last edited: 10 May 2022