Join our zoo community

August Photo Showcasing

Discussion in 'Animal Photography' started by Julio C Castro, 2 Aug 2020.

1. Julio C Castro

Julio C Castro Well-Known Member Premium Member

https://www.zoochat.com/community/media/albums/august-photo-showcasing.34/

A new month comes a new posting I hope you and your families are well and safe during this time. It’s that time again and same ground rules as before for the showcasing:

1. 4 entries per month.
    2. They can upload photos that can be found in the regular gallery if they’d like to.
    3. Photos don’t have to necessarily have to be from the month aforementioned in the title although it can take some time to develop photos.
    4. It must be photos we consider our best work meaning not blurry or potentially boring such as an animal butt as said before.
    5. To have the photos be of different subjects per month although they can be of the same subject the following month as long as all the entries for the month aren’t of the same one. Example such as 4 entries of the same specie.
    6. Photos aren’t strictly limited to zoological gardens. They can be from sanctuaries, aquariums, nature reserves, etc.
    7. Do try your best to add where they were taken either in the description or by adding tags.

Now that a good amount of zoos and aquariums are opening up, with restrictions, I’ve been working like crazy and FINALLY had my dental issue assessed albeit a drained bank account, plan to head out to San Diego close the end of this month when I save some cash :oops: Be safe and have fun however you can, happy photo shoots! :p

Last edited: 3 Aug 2020
  2. Arizona Docent

Arizona Docent Well-Known Member 15+ year member

So glad you started doing this. Thanks for keeping it up.

3. Julio C Castro

Thank you! I’m just happy to see all the awesome entries :D

Arizona Docent likes this.
  4. RetiredToTheZoo

RetiredToTheZoo Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Thank you again for starting this and keeping it going. I look forward to it and enjoy it very much. The zoos here are open, but it's been so unbearably hot and humid here in the mid south (heat index 110-115 degrees and higher by 9:00am) I've seen little point in visiting. Even the fish are sweating. The last 2 days though have been nice, mid 80's and relative low humidity. Feels like October. Went fishing all day yesterday, and spent today at the Memphis Zoo. Hopefully, I photographed something worth submitting. I'll go thru them in the next day or two when the real summer comes back and I'm stuck in the AC.

5. Julio C Castro

Thank you for being a part of the group! Damn that’s miserably hot :eek: I am either stuck at home with AC or will be at the zoo sweating like a ham in the oven :oops: I’m sure you did and you always post fantastic photos! I’m just glad that there’s a community of us that want to share our craft together and love seeing new faces in the albums :)