Join our zoo community

Australia Wonderland Wildlife Park

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Nigel, 10 Oct 2004.

1. Nigel

Nigel Well-Known Member

I have just discovered that this complex ( Australia Wonderland ) has closed
    How long ago did this happen ? And does anyone know why ?
    Apparently part of this complex was also a wildlife park of native Australian wildlife . You probably all think that kangaroos and echidnas are fairly mundane , but these animals still hold a great fascination for me and other non Australian folk .
    Were any of the stock of rare species ?
    Were the animals released into the wild or were they given to other zoos ?

2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Administrator Staff Member 20+ year member

That's interesting, I saw a TV show only about 2 weeks ago featuring the Australian Wonderland Wildlife Park ... but then it may have been filmed a couple of months back.

Sad really - the show highlighted the native wildlife and the footage they had made it look like a great place to visit.

I don't know any details about the closure.

3. Nigel

Nigel Well-Known Member

Australia Wonderland

Any update on what happened to the wildlife at this place ?
    Perhaps Sim , ( or anyone else who lives in Sydney ) could you phone the Blacktown City Council and ask them if they know what happened , or if they dont know , who would ? I havent found anything further about it on the web.....

4. patrick

patrick Well-Known Member

dismantled...

the national zoo and aquarium ( in canberra) says on it's website that it recently aquired a tassie devil from australias wonderland. looks like the animals are being offered to various zoos and wildlife parks...