Join our zoo community

Australia Zoo Australia Zoo - The Crocodile Hunter

Discussion in 'Australia' started by ABCDiamond, 19 Oct 2003.

1. ABCDiamond

ABCDiamond New Member

I am thinking of going to the Australia Zoo, we've seen it advertised so much on the TV.

Thats the one at
    Glass House Mountains Tourist Route
    Beerwah, Caloundra
    Queensland

Has anyone been there and can tell me if it is good ?

thanks

2. Simon Hampel

Simon Hampel Administrator Staff Member 20+ year member

Yeah, we went there about this time last year while on holidays.

It was pretty impressive - the crocodile feeding shows are not to be missed ... make sure you get to the shows early though to get a good seat.

Also, don't expect to see Steve there, he seems to be out building his "empire" too much to do any of the croc shows anymore. But the people he employs all seem to be as crazy as he is, so it's still a great show.

Well worth the trip in my opinion.

3. asy

asy Member

test

I have to agree with Sim.......I loved it. They are spending mega dollars up there and it will only get better.

Go see it........you wont be sorry! :)

Ruby

Hiya ABCD,

I was there this time last year too, (coincidentally... ;) )

My kids, then 6 and 8, loved it. I thought it was fantastic, the animals are well cared for, and as Sim said, the presenters are as nutty as Steve.

It is really worth the visit, but give yourself a whole day, and as with any 'themepark' get the day's activity list and plan your day, as some of the shows are once a day only.

Well worth the visit, and a very nice drive too!!

asy :D

Just do it.

Yes, the zoo is presently being expanded though it is well worth the visit. I would say you and the family would come away real pleased you went there.

MikeT
    (Noosa)

Last edited by a moderator: 21 Jul 2008
  4. Nigel

Nigel Well-Known Member

Snakes alive !!

I was there a couple of years ago . My main reason for going was to see animals that we dont see in NZ . My favourite part was being able to wrap a Burmese python around my shoulders/neck .
    Reptiles is still their strong point , and the shows are great .
    They have a 6 stage expansion plan , and they were starting to build stage 1 when I was there ; with each stage , they hope to display more and more "exotic " animals ( to me , alot of Australian wildlife is exotic , but I am sure you have seen so many koala and kangaroo .... )
    Yes , it is worth a visit ( unless you have a phobia of reptiles )