Join our zoo community

Banyan Tree Al Wadi Banyan Tree Al Wadi resort and private nature reserve

Discussion in 'United Arab Emirates' started by LaughingDove, 9 Sep 2014.

1. LaughingDove

LaughingDove Well-Known Member

In april I visited the United Arab Emirates to do all 7 emirates in 7 days which I managed but while I was there I visited a place called banyan tree al wadi resort and private nature reserve in the Emirate of Ras Al Khaimah. Now that a gallery has been made I will be adding photos but here I will just breaifly describe what the place is. It is a faily large area of unspoilt desert that has been fenced in and around that area, a resort has been built with an interesting design of having all the different buildings spread out with the restaurant in one place, reception in one place and the chalets, each with a private swimming pool dotted around and a golf cart being used to travel around it. The resort was too expensive for me but I made a visit to see the 'private nature reserve' what was meant by this is that there were fairly tame arabian oryx and a few species of arabian gazelle wandering around between the parts of the resort as well as a menagerie type thing with a falconry place and a reptile building (mainly arabian snake species) there were also increadible numbers of wild birds including rollers, bee eaters, purple sunbirds and red wattled lapwing. I have put various pictures in the gallery. :)