Join our zoo community

bearded dragons

Discussion in 'General Zoo Discussion' started by boof, 11 Mar 2008.

1. patrick

patrick Well-Known Member

yes ben me too! i think its even got its own thread...

personally ara, whilst i want a tortoise i understand why i can't have one. i am opposed to the legalisation of exotic reptiles, and UTTERLY opposed to the legalisation of exotic snakes such as those you mentioned. its worth remembering that both constrictor boas and burmese pythons are an absolute menace in some places like the southern US.

imagine how bad these snakes could effect our environment? and believe me, eventually, licenses or not - some ******** will release them...

2. ZYBen

ZYBen Well-Known Member

I have an idea lets legalise it and if they get out we blame Ara for bringing it up!
    lol :p

3. boof

boof Well-Known Member 15+ year member

4. MARK

MARK Well-Known Member

Boof some of the small monitors are very easy to keep and quite interesting, species such as the pygmy mulga monitor are very hardly :cool:

5. boof

boof Well-Known Member 15+ year member

I didn't know that Mark. i assumed that they wouldn't be an easy species to keep. Are they popular as pets, or they something for the more advanced herp keeper. I was in a herp keepers group down in wollongong and only a few of them where keeping monitors.

6. ZYBen

ZYBen Well-Known Member

7. MARK

MARK Well-Known Member

Monitors are not really difficult to keep with many species being kept by Herp keepers in Oz, Some species do grow very large but there are a number of smaller species that are quite suitable for most homes, some of the pygmy species are Tiny, most of them love a really hot basking spot, when raised from babies they can become VERY tame and can be handled really well. :cool: