Join our zoo community

BeccaSunBear’s Czech Trip 2018

Discussion in 'Czech Republic' started by agnmeln, 28 Jan 2018.

1. sooty mangabey

sooty mangabey Well-Known Member

Yes, but Decin is not Prague, or Pilsen, or Brno, or Zlin Lesna....

(It’s not Bangui either...).

2. agnmeln

agnmeln Well-Known Member

Yes, but Decin is certainly a destination that I will be finding myself in next week!

3. HOMIN96

HOMIN96 Well-Known Member 10+ year member

This one shouldn´t be a big worry, majority of malls (Tesco and others like that) are open from 7 to 21 every day, so there is plenty of time for you to buy stuff after the zoo visit.

4. agnmeln

That sounds good to me. It’s really only food that I will need to go out in search of now, I think. I need to pick up some honey, coconuts and avocados prior to my visit to Olomouc :) !

5. agnmeln

It was an absolutely amazing trip! The weather was beautiful with highs of 27 degrees, the zoos were fabulous, I just had the time of my life. It flew by, felt like a dream, and looking back through all my photographs I am still struggling to believe that it was actually real! It was everything I had wanted and more. A proper adventure. Czech Republic is a gorgeous country, probably one of the most scenic places I have ever visited. I walked so much my feet hurt, saw so many species firsts, the whole trip was just such a massive high. And the company in Jihlava was also excellent @HOMIN96 !

I enjoyed hand feeding my new friends Myanmar and Babu at Usti, lovely Bara at Olomouc and Ernst/Adam and Aja at Jihlava which were my absolute highlights, as well as having the chance to see Barma and her two month old cub at Usti as the screens around their viewing window were taken down for the first time during the day of my visit and falling in love with dear, sweet old Li at Hodonin.

The question now is do I plan my return visit before or after I check out Basel and Zagreb?

6. HOMIN96

HOMIN96 Well-Known Member 10+ year member

It was a pleasure to meet you :) Shame that I couldn´t go to Brno Zoo with you as well, there would be so many stories to tell about the zoo.

7. agnmeln

I would have really enjoyed that :) !