Join our zoo community

Bens zoo?

Discussion in 'TV, Movies, Books about Zoos & Wildlife' started by nb123, 14 Feb 2010.

1. nb123

nb123 Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Does anyone know if there is anywhere on the web i can find highlights of the series Bens Zoo that was on the bbc a few years ago about DZP. Or if anyone recorded it and has a copy, if i can borrow it that would be great as i never watched it and having just read the book i would love to see it.

2. Mr Saxon

Mr Saxon Well-Known Member

Oh I think I know what your talking about. I'm the other way around, I've watched the show but not read the book. Quite good, I didn't know there was a book TBH.
    uhm.....yea. I haven't got it recorded.
    It's from about 2007 isn't it?? or 06?

3. Nisha

Nisha Well-Known Member 10+ year member

It was made and broadcast in 2007

4. Panthera

Panthera Member

Zoo series and book.

The series has never been produced on DVD so it is unlikely that it will appear on the web. The chances of it ever being put on DVD is also unlikely due to particular parts of the copyright. The book can be bought at the zoo and compliments the tv series. It has now been produced in (i think i am correct!) 15 different languages and is a big seller.
    Dartmoor Zoo is now on facebook, Twitter and Bebo. Look for the DZP logo. Its full of up-coming events and future plans for the zoo.

5. nb123

Thanks everyone for the replies. Sad to hear series is not available but i at least still have the book to read.

6. nb123