Join our zoo community

Bernard Tschumi Zoo Architecture Book

Discussion in 'TV, Movies, Books about Zoos & Wildlife' started by Dazzle18, 30 Dec 2019.

1. Dazzle18

Dazzle18 Member

Hello
    Has anyone seen or purchased either of Bernard Tschumi’s books on the renovations of Parc Zoologique in Paris?
    I have seen them pop up on Amazon now and again but descriptions are not clear as to whether they are published in French or French/English, any ideas?

2. Andrew Swales

Andrew Swales Well-Known Member

Both are books I've been planning to get, but not got around to yet!
    Amazon lists 'Architecture Zoo' as in French, and 'The Metamorphosis' as bilingual French/English.

3. Dazzle18

Dazzle18 Member

Thanks - Metamorphosis on Book Depot shows English cover but language is French - Amazon shows French cover but no language description - confused!

4. Andrew Swales

Your 'prompt' has bumped me into it :) - I'll order them both, as I've been meaning to anyway - and let you know!

5. Dazzle18

Dazzle18 Member

Thanks - have you visited the zoo?

6. Andrew Swales

Sorry, no - don't get out much these days!

7. Andrew Swales

'Zoo La Metamorphose' has arrived from France - a second-hand copy in OK condition. Self-cover, hard-backed with no dust jacket. A nice book of 140 pages of super pictures - spoiled somewhat by a rather too 'arty' approach to setting-out, to my taste at least - leaving lots of white space and many small pictures. A few pages of text in both French and English in that order, but of equal length, detail and quality with no evidence of translation.

TeaLovingDave likes this.
  8. Dazzle18

Dazzle18 Member

Hello
    Thanks for posting, I will look out for a used copy (although new price doesn’t seem too bad).

thanks

9. Andrew Swales

'Paris Zoological Park', arrived today, Superb! and thoroughly recommended. Lovely pictures, artists impressions and coloured drawings. French/English text split equally on every page. Renders the other book a bit pointless...