Join our zoo community

Best Animal Experiences UK

Discussion in 'General Zoo Discussion' started by migdog, 3 May 2015.

1. migdog

migdog Well-Known Member 5+ year member

New member to this site, me and my wife are currently doing a UK zoo tour, visiting as many zoos, wildlife parks etc as we can in 2015, trying to do as many animal experiences as we can along the way. What is everyone's favourite animal experience? Hopefully we can add these to our list :)

2. gentle lemur

gentle lemur Well-Known Member 15+ year member

I'm sure that you don't need to be told more about London, Whipsnade, Chester or Edinburgh. My other personal favourites are Cotswold, Howletts and Paignton, with special mentions for Highland WP and Port Lympne for their spectacular settings as well as their interesting collections. In terms of other animal experiences, I strongly recommend a visit to the Farne Islands in the next couple of months to see the sea birds, watching the dolphins at Chanonry Point on the Black Isle (not very far from HWP) and a visit to the seal colony at Donna Nook in November.

Alan

3. migdog

migdog Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Thanks Alan,

We've been to London and Port Lympne, both great in their own right. Will look up the animal experiences you've mentioned and add them to our list :)

4. temp

temp Well-Known Member

I've not been and you probably already know it but based on photos and descriptions it'll be worth checking out Yorkshire Wildlife Park with their new exhibits for polar bears, etc.

BTW, in general, country specific threads are placed in the country's subforum, e.g. United Kingdom Forums. Otherwise they're easily missed by people with specific knowledge/interests, as they may not check other sections.