Join our zoo community

Best creators on social media when it comes to zoology

Discussion in 'TV, Movies, Books about Zoos & Wildlife' started by Lota lota, 14 Jul 2022.

1. Lota lota

Lota lota Well-Known Member

Most of the content about zoology and animals made by independent creators is in text format like blogs.So what are some of your favourites on social media, like YouTube, Facebook,Tik Tok,etc?

2. Bengal Tiger

Bengal Tiger Well-Known Member

A certain Chandler's Wildlife produces some interesting content. Kamp Keenan is decent as well. They are reptiles keepers who work with some very interesting species. There are many fish and herptile relatives channels out there, and as always, you will find hidden gems (so to speak) in zoology related topics.

3. Lota lota

Some of my favourites are Textbook travel,he has made a couple of videos about the taxonomy of various animal familys and orders like ungulates,crocodilians,musteloidea,felidae and marsupials.
    Some of the videos made by a youtuber called tsuki are really intresting, the majority of them about invasive species. A man on tiktok called Mndiaye_97 is really talented and charismatic, he knows what he's talking about and clearly has more than avrage knowledge about zoology.One reason that makes him so special is that he uses comedy and "dumbs down" his language,which proably makes people who maybe aren't very interested in animals to learn more and maybe become a little more interested.

BenFoxster and Bengal Tiger like this.
  4. Jambo

Jambo Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Of course we can't have a thread like this without mentioning @Moebelle and his wonderful Youtube channel, Zoo Tours. Being from Australia, i've never had the chance to visit zoos in the US so watching the 'tours' gives me a great idea of the specific area and its collection. The videos are also very educational, with a lot of interesting facts about the specific species. A really well done Youtube channel overall.

Van Beal, JVM, BenFoxster and 8 others like this.
  5. Bengal Tiger

@ZooNerd1234 has a channel: Virtual Zoo Tours

@EsserWarrior is on a couple if platforms including Instagram and YouTube: Wildlife Wonders of Wisconsin

@Sarus Crane has a channel: Sarus Crane

TheOrginalEnZOOiast is a good channel run by @migdog

6. Lota lota

Are it two different guys who narrate in the zootours videos? The voice sounds different depending on the date of the video.

7. Bengal Tiger

No, it's just a different mic I believe.

BenFoxster likes this.
  8. Moebelle

Moebelle Well-Known Member 10+ year member

You would be correct! I went from shouting into my computer's built in sound system to a halfway decent microphone. I can also say that my voice finally matured.

@Jambo Thank you for the kind words!

ZSH, Van Beal, BenFoxster and 7 others like this.
  9. Leaf Productions

Leaf Productions Well-Known Member

Leaf Productions is a great YouTuber.

10. DaLilFishie

DaLilFishie Well-Known Member

11. BenFoxster

BenFoxster Well-Known Member

You beat me to it, Mndiaye_97 (or Casual Geographic for those of use who follow his YouTube channel) was the first content creator that came to my mind, he's actually the person who got me back into being interested in studying animals and zoos in the first place. As others are saying, Zoo Tours too, I love that YouTube channel, especially the Columbus Zoo vids (great work Moebelle!)

Lota lota and JVM like this.
  12. cloudedleopard611

cloudedleopard611 Well-Known Member

There's a creator on TikTok named Houston A. Glover who makes really good and informative content about animals, often in the context of zoos. He's worked in the profession so he gives a lot of good insight from that perspective.

13. Pandamich

Pandamich Well-Known Member

14. PantheraLeoMelanochaita

PantheraLeoMelanochaita Well-Known Member

Zoo Blether is a pretty cool YouTube channel that goes into detail about specific zoo industry topics. I don’t have Instagram anymore, but I remember loving @ intertidalkendy’s marine biology posts.

15. Spike

Spike Well-Known Member

I have been watching @Moebelle Zoo Tours for years and have gone to certain zoos like Columbus, Memphis, and Cincinnati after watching his videos. I credit him for getting me into zoos and on this site and have purchased multiple of his pictures from his site.