Join our zoo community

Best monkey exhibit you have seen. UK

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by garyjp, 15 Sep 2015.

1. lamna

lamna Well-Known Member

For the animals then the lemur walkthrough enclosure at WMSP is probably pretty good. They have a massive area of mature woodland with some very tall trees to live in.

The only problem is that you don't really get to see the lemurs, as aside from the ground dwelling ringtails they seem to spend most of their time up in the canopy.

2. OrangePerson

OrangePerson Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Depends on your criteria but I love the capuchin monkey enclosures at Monkey World, particularly the one in the middle of the park. It's brilliant to see the ex-lab animals busying themselves with all the rich opportunities it affords - natural foraging opportunities (worm innards but not the skins seem to be a delicacy), high trees to climb, logs to investigate aside from any enrichment they may be given.

3. monkeyarmy

monkeyarmy Well-Known Member

Best for viewers or for the monkeys? Barbary macaques enclousure at The Monkey Sanctuary, all the enclosures are excellent though.

4. gentle lemur

gentle lemur Well-Known Member 15+ year member

The best must be the best for both.

Alan

5. garyjp

garyjp Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I suppose just to clarify best for viewers and inhabitants alike - personally i do think that all these animals should have a chance to go off display at anytime they wish .