Join our zoo community

Best UK Wolf enclosure

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by britishzoofan, 1 May 2020.

?

Best UK Wolf enclosure?

Poll closed 5 May 2020.
  1. Exmoor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Wild Place

4.7%
  3. Cotswold

7.0%
  4. Wildwood

11.6%
  5. New Forest WP

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Highland

51.2%
  7. Blackpool

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Woburn

7.0%
  9. Five Sisters

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Other

18.6%
  1. tetrapod

tetrapod Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Fair enough. Just think there are better exhibits out there. Surprising that the wolf exhibit wasn't under water when there was flooding elsewhere, as the wolves usually turn into a stinking mess. There isn't any elevation for the water to drain off. Actually the same could be said for the whole park as the water level always seems close to the surface. Possibly some local springs, but don't quote me on that.

2. migdog

migdog Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Yes I did vote for Wildwood, good guess! I'm purely voting on exhibits I've seen, which rules out Highland and the new WP exhibit. Whilst Longleat is vast, it's a drive-thru, and I don't class that as a fair comparison and there's always a danger of an accident between car and wolf. And agree with your assessment of Wildwood :)

pipaluk and britishzoofan like this.
  3. Sand Cat

Sand Cat Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Congratulations again to Highland Wildlife Park! Though I'm a bit sad that Blackpool didn't get any votes for its wolf exhibit, although I can accept its not the best, I really like it a lot.

TNT likes this.
  4. TNT

TNT Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I must agree there actually, I do like the wold exhibit at Blackpool... it often gets overlooked. I do wonder how they deal with the viewing guests constantly looking down on them, but if not considering that, the views are fantastic compared to most wolf exhibits.

Fallax likes this.