Join our zoo community

Australia Zoo Bindi Takes Over

Discussion in 'Australia' started by jay, 23 Apr 2007.

1. jay

jay Well-Known Member 20+ year member

I found this interesting
    Bindi orders furry merchandise off zoo shelves - Queensland - BrisbaneTimes
    (hope th link works)
    Basically Bindi went into the souvenir store at the Australia Zoo, saw a fake fur item and demanded that it be taken off the shelves because it sends the wrong message. The next day this range of items is taken off.
    Now I'm not getting into a discussion about the merits or otherwise of using fur or fake fur but what I am interested in is that Bindi says jump and they jump!This young girl is already putting her mark onto the zoo.
    By the way, does anyone know if Bindi actually OWNS Australia Zoo? Or is it a company that is run by a board of directors. I'd be interested to know how it works.

2. Coquinguy

Coquinguy Well-Known Member

good on her i think. either she and her mother are both really good actors or these two have both alot of love and fun going on. im all for it, until im 'bindi'd' out. and in this land where we worship footballers like gods a little kid with a passion for life is a worthwile diversion.

3. Monty

Monty Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Sory to get onto the fur topic. If they wanted to help Australian wildlife they could use fur products from fox and cat marketed as humanly harvested in Australia to help Australias wildlife.

4. Jarkari

Jarkari Well-Known Member 15+ year member

I think Terri would own the zoo, maybe Bindi will be given full control at 18 but yeah I don't think the zoo is run by a board of directors, some of the offshoots maybe but it was steve's dad's, then steve's, now bindi... One thing that i keep thinking about is... What about Bob??? will he be left on the sidelines while Bindi takes control? anyway... more ramblings from me.

5. jay

jay Well-Known Member 20+ year member

Maybe Bob would have more of a choice in what he wants to do, dancing maybe?:D