Join our zoo community

Binturong enclosure design

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Keatycat, 9 Jun 2022.

1. Keatycat

Keatycat Member

hi all! I'm a studying captive animals student doing an assignment of enclosure design and was wondering if anyone knows the dimensions of the Binturong enclosure at Currumbin Wildlife sanctuary. I've tried getting in contact with them directly with no avail. Any information will be a big help.
    Thank you!

2. steveroberts

steveroberts Well-Known Member 5+ year member

@Keatycat

Hey unfortunately can't personally assist you about the exhibits dimensions at Currumbin as have zero knowledge about Currumbin.

In terms of an existing Binturong exhibit in Australia though there is this article from 2010 about the Binturongs who live (or lived) at Taronga Sydney (specifically about two litters born there) the article makes mention that the dimensions of the current (2005 opened) display exhibit/enclosure add up to 171 sq m (with details on the 'dens' dimensions also)

Notes on the development and behaviour of two Binturong <em>Arctictus binturong</em> litters born at Taronga Zoo, Sydney | L. ABRA | download

Zoofan15, Keatycat and Abbey like this.
  3. Keatycat

Keatycat Member

Wow! Thank you so much! That information will be very helpful, I’ll definitely go and give it a read. THANK YOU @steveroberts

steveroberts likes this.
  4. steveroberts

steveroberts Well-Known Member 5+ year member