Join our zoo community

#BringBackNationalDex

Discussion in 'Zoo Cafe' started by ZPA, 14 Jun 2019.

1. ZPA

ZPA Well-Known Member

Idk if anyone here knows but GameFreak recently announced that not all pokemon will be able to be brought into Pokemon Sword and Shield. You can only transfer pokemon from the Galar Region, which sucks! I might not have spinda on my team:(
    #GottaCatchSomeOfThem

Ebirah766 likes this.
  2. birdsandbats

birdsandbats Well-Known Member

I think this was a good decision. We are nearing 1000 Pokemon, assuming Galar introduces around the same number as many of the other regions. We will eventually get to the point where there are simply too many Pokemon to fit into one game - this had to happen sooner or later.

You know how Gens 7 and 8 didn't introduce that many new Pokemon? That because there were already so many Pokemon, they didn't have much room left for the others. Cutting old Pokemon form the game will allow Game Freak to introduce more new Pokemon than these generations.

Bird Keeper Toby goes into more detail here:

To get this thread slightly more to the topic of this website, Bird Keeper Toby works at a zoo.

Last edited: 14 Jun 2019
  3. birdsandbats

4. ThylacineAlive

ThylacineAlive Well-Known Member

I haven't played Pokemon games in many years but has anyone ever been able to actually "catch 'em all" anyway? Even with being able to transfer Pokemon from old games into new ones, you'd essentially have to catch every new Pokemon in every single new generation that's ever come out, as well as restart each one at least three times to get all the starters, and play all the duplicate versions so you could get all the legendaries.

~Thylo

5. birdsandbats

It is possible to "catch them all" in one game save through trading.

6. Ebirah766

Ebirah766 Well-Known Member

Well, I'm mad. No Feraligatr for me.