Join our zoo community

British Isles Cup Redux - FINALS - Cotswold vs RZSS

Discussion in 'ZooChat Cup' started by TeaLovingDave, 21 Dec 2020.

?

Cotswold vs RZSS - PRIMATES and SOUTH/CENTRAL AMERICA AND CARIBBEAN

Poll closed 24 Dec 2020.
  1. Cotswold 5/0 RZSS

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Cotswold 4/1 RZSS

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Cotswold 3/2 RZSS

28.6%
  4. RZSS 3/2 Cotswold

28.6%
  5. RZSS 4/1 Cotswold

42.9%
  6. RZSS 5/0 Cotswold

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. pipaluk

pipaluk Well-Known Member 10+ year member

They are still in the monkey house I think? Sub-standard enclosures for anything but marmosets really!

2. pipaluk

Well, ridiculously easy win for Edinburgh, and I guess they win the Cup. This should have been closer though and I think people seem to have conveniently ignored the americas category which Cotswold won comfortably!The margin of victory is probably irrelevant though as Edinburgh only needed to win

Last edited: 24 Dec 2020
  3. TeaLovingDave

TeaLovingDave Moderator Staff Member 10+ year member

It's roughly a 62/38 split - so it's actually not too far from the result that would have been produced had I not dropped the three-vote system (assuming the pro-Cotswold voters had went 2/1 and the pro-RZSS voters had went 2/1) which would have been a 57/43 split.

I think I put forward a pretty good case for the quality of the Americas offering at RZSS countering the lack of quantity, personally. I *did* spend quite a bit of time on the topic, far from ignoring it....

And yet pretty akin in quality to a fair few of the primate exhibits at Cotswold Wildlife Park :p as I already noted, the Siamang exhibit there is rather smaller than the Drill one in the aforementioned monkey house, which you deem sub-standard for anything but a marmoset.

4. pipaluk

To be fair we have agreed on most things recently so I won't bother arguing this much further! I still think 4-1 was excessive though

5. amur leopard

amur leopard Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Oh yes, to be fair, that was really quite impressive how you almost managed to manipulate that. Well, see you at the next World Cup ;) :)

In the meantime however, thank you so much for voluntarily organising this cup, I'm sure it did offer a good many people some kind of distraction in this time of desolation as well as, of course, a very interesting and thought-provoking series of threads. Thank you :)

Last edited: 24 Dec 2020