Join our zoo community

Bronx Zoo Bronx Zoo review

Discussion in 'United States' started by ZooLover4Life, 10 Jun 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZooLover4Life

ZooLover4Life Well-Known Member

I have no expectation of it. That's all. A zoo is hard enough to run without worrying about donating a ******** of money over for conservation. They barely get by as it is.

2. ZooLover4Life

ZooLover4Life Well-Known Member

You mean like the Galapagos islands or Hawaiian island chain where no natural large predators are around?(penguins/turtles eating fish I guess, but not the same thing as a large predator) Ecosystem is totally healthy until we introduced foreign animals. Animals like rabbits evolved a fast breeding DUE TO predatory pressure. If that wasn't there then they wouldn't have evolved like that. Hell in my world, nothing would die. But that's a fantasy for now anyway.

3. TeaLovingDave

TeaLovingDave Moderator Staff Member 10+ year member

I find it hard to believe that you cannot see the irony in saying the following:

Before, as you do here, talking about a lack of compassion for living things.

As this discussion has gotten into some really murky waters and you completely ignored my request to stop with that line of argument, I believe this discussion has ceased to serve any purpose. Locking the thread for a day or so - at the very least - to let things settle.

4. ThylacineAlive

ThylacineAlive Well-Known Member 10+ year member

But there are also no native natural ungulates! I don't think there are any native mammals besides the sea lions and seals (which are carnivores and I would consider big) and I think one or two mice species anyway so your argument is invalid in reflection a whole ecosystem such as the Serengeti without carnivores. Also, there are hawks and such that eat mice and other small animals including iguanas.

~Thylo:cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.