Join our zoo community

Bullens animals

Discussion in 'Australia' started by zoofan12, 8 Dec 2008.

1. Chlidonias

Chlidonias Moderator Staff Member 15+ year member

like with Bigfoot and alien abductions?

2. Jarkari

Jarkari Well-Known Member 15+ year member

There are also some pretty graphic photos to go with the stories of goats up trees . I've also seen some a few interesting photos of cattle that don't resemble dog attacks.
    The NSW DPI has an unidentified animal report that is for the general public to fill out. There is also a large feline sighting response policy which refers sightings to either LHPA or Nsw Police. There is also a fact sheet to help identify animals.
    A private big cat sighting database was taken over by the NSW Government and an official report states thatalthough there is not enough evidence to prove anything it is more likely than not that free ranging, large exotic feline do exist in NSW.

3. Jurek7

Jurek7 Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Absence of footprints and dung means that "alien big cats" are just popular imagination. Cats can be shy, but leave plenty of footprints on dirt roads, watersides etc.

4. Ara

Ara Well-Known Member

Well, there have been plenty of paw prints seen, photographed and had casts made of them.
    Plenty of scats too. Some of these scats were sent for laboratory analysis and came back indeterminate but large carnivore of some kind.

5. Rough

Rough Well-Known Member

Remind me not to use that lab if they cannot ID scat.... I am not having a go at you Ara I just have a great dislike for the web of lies the author of that book spins and his "evidence" never seems to hold up when genuine experts are consulted on the matter.

6. Jabiru96

Jabiru96 Well-Known Member

7. Chlidonias

Chlidonias Moderator Staff Member 15+ year member

what a pillock. You'd think as an adult he would have realised he was at fault. Instead he defends his actions as simply being an unimportant "one leg in a series of events". Dread to think how his own kids are going to grow up. I wonder if Adam's real name is something more Bogan along the lines of Damo or Bazza.

MattyP likes this.
  8. Hix

Hix Wildlife Enthusiast and Lover of Islands 15+ year member Premium Member

Most likely. That part of Sydney is not far from Bogan Central.

:p

Hix

9. bshipshape

bshipshape New Member

Currently researching Emmanuel Margolin and his private zoo Notre Dame in Mulgoa. If anyone has any leads please get in contact with me! Sounds like he was a bit infamous in the zoo community...

10. Dannelboyz

Dannelboyz Well-Known Member

It should be noted that feral cats can grow very large in Australia. I haven't seen any BIG feral cats myself but I know people who have, and even they say if they didn't know better they would assume what they saw was a black panther.

While many big cats could have escaped in different areas, it is probably unlikely that any survive particularly long and it would be even more unlikely for any to have bred and established (as this would require multiple animals escaping and surviving for this to even be feasible), so if an 'escape story' isn't from within the last 5 years, I doubt the animal's presence is realistically possible.

Jake, Zorro and MRJ like this.
  11. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

My Aunty has said that there are about 6 in the Grampians she hasn’t seen them. I could of swore I saw one at her house ( on a hill ) at 6 in the morning run down a hill, all I saw was the tail end.

12. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Ok soo here’s the story.

A couple of weeks ago I was just going into my paddock for some random reason and I felt the hair on the back and side of neck raise so I turned around thinking the neighbors dog was eyeing me off and this thing was sitting like a dog with it’s tail curved next to it. I stumbled backwards not taking my eyes off it and yelled for help. I stood up and grabbed a stick, raised it over my head and it ran in the other direction. It cleared over a 6 ft tree and landed in flat out run and so did I! It was jet black and looked identical to the thing I saw at my Auntys. I had a good 30 second to 1 minute look at it and it didn’t move until I grabbed the stick. I knew I could run but if I had scared it it would of probably attacked me so backing off and yelling and holding a stick in the air I hoped it would leave and it did so I’m not so keen about going to my paddock anymore

Keep in your mind that the fence only is about 4 feet high and I was only about 20 feet away & it was on a hill.

13. Terry Thomas

Terry Thomas Well-Known Member Premium Member 5+ year member

Local pub??

MRJ likes this.
  14. MRJ

MRJ Well-Known Member 15+ year member Premium Member

Very true. Feral cats have been recorded (and by that I mean weighed and measured) within the range of of adult leopard sizes (admittedly small ones). So anybody seeing a panther (panther being another term for leopard) would most likely have seen a feral cat.

The problem is people have a lot of trouble believing that cats grow that large, and are more inclined to believe what they saw was a leopard, despite this being the far less likely possibility.

Kifaru Bwana likes this.
  15. MRJ

MRJ Well-Known Member 15+ year member Premium Member

Remember the report of a lion in an English village a couple of years ago. Turned out to be a domestic cat.

SpinyLiving likes this.
  16. tetrapod

tetrapod Well-Known Member 15+ year member

The last couple of sightings that got media attention over here were a cutout of a leopard and a stuffed tiger toy!

SpinyLiving and Cassidy Casuar like this.
  17. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I asked my neighbor about it and they said it’s just a large feral that killed their chickens and mine went missing.....and I found a body of one of my chickens in the neighbours backyard on the dam wall the thing was sitting.