Join our zoo community

Calling All Mammal Enthusiasts!

Discussion in 'TV, Movies, Books about Zoos & Wildlife' started by danigirl93, 30 Jul 2017.

1. danigirl93

danigirl93 Member

Hey everyone!
    I'm looking for a group of people that love mammals and want to continue to learn about them! I have this idea of getting a group together and every week or 2 we choose a new family of mammals and each person picks a different species from that family and writes a little report (no more than 5 pages). We would then share them all (maybe by email/google docs?) and read them. The reports wouldn't have to be perfect or anything, I really want it to be a fun project/way of learning and stress-free. Does this sound like fun to anyone or am I alone?
    I'm also open to any ideas/suggestions :)

2. Swampy

Swampy Well-Known Member 10+ year member

You may be being optimistic about how committed people will be to this; I can't see it staying as every week or two. Also doubtful how interested people will be given how easily accessed most information is online anyway nowadays. But this sounds like it has potential to be fun, so consider me interested.

3. danigirl93

danigirl93 Member

I probably am too optimistic but I don't consider it a bad thing ;) I'm really just trying to find a way to interact with other people who love mammals as much or more than I do. Plus, I've been collecting the Handbook of Mammals of the World books and looking for an excuse to use them! Thank you for your honesty and if you have any ideas that you think might interest more people, I'm happy to listen :) and I hopefully look forward to "researching" with you.

4. Arizona Docent

Arizona Docent Well-Known Member 15+ year member

You may or may not already know about this site. But if you want to read about people's adventures watching mammals in the wild (and where you can see them), refer to this site: Mammal Watching - Mammal Watching