Join our zoo community

Open Cannot post media

Discussion in 'ZooChat Community & Website' started by blooloop, 23 May 2017.

1. blooloop

blooloop Member

Hi guys, I am having trouble posting images to the media section. I am not sure if i am missing something blindingly obvious (probably) but can you help? When i go to add media i choose a zoo (eg bristol) but am faced with a blank screen. Should Isee be seeing something where I can add the images? Thanks.

2. Chlidonias

Chlidonias Moderator Staff Member 15+ year member

I just tried it and it comes up as normal. I used Bristol Zoo (in case it was a specific problem for that zoo). I get the usual tab saying "upload image".

3. blooloop

blooloop Member

Mmm I am just not seeing a "usual tab", can you tell me where it should appear? Thanks

4. Chlidonias

Chlidonias Moderator Staff Member 15+ year member

I don't know how to do screenshots, but:

The page should say "Add media to..." and then there's a choice of a "site category" or "an album". If you've already selected Bristol Zoo, it will say that in the "site category" bar.

Under those there should be three tabs, saying "upload an image", "upload a video" and "embed a video". The first one should already be selected, and underneath the tabs it should say "upload type" followed by "upload an image from your files", and under that should be a tab/button saying "upload image".

If you are just on the UK gallery (as opposed to a specific zoo) the page will be blank except for a link saying "add media".

5. Arizona Docent

Arizona Docent Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Step 1: Click on the media tab at top of main page, then on left column click on the plus symbol to expand the region you want to post (in this example, North America).
    Step 2: Click the plus symbol next to the country you want (in this example United States) and then click on the facility you want to add photos to (in this example Alaska Sealife Center).
    Step 3: You will now see only photos from that facility. Click the blue "add media" tab near the top left of the screen.

Simon Hampel likes this.