Join our zoo community

Blackpool Zoo CAPS protest

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by bongorob, 5 Apr 2012.

1. Stefka

Stefka Well-Known Member

Just for comparison - the protest against Dublin Zoo on Saturday ended up pretty well, the zoo was prepared :)

This is copied from National Animal Rights Association Facebook page:

I don´t know the actual number of their members, but their Facebook showed 4 people "going" and 3 people "maybe". Hehe.

The National Animal Rights Association has over 2000 "likes", but I believe that this is mostly because of their anti-fur campaigns, not their anti-zoo protests.

2. Jurek7

Jurek7 Well-Known Member 15+ year member

This always troubled me. Shouldn't CAPS protest against forests and national parks, where animals are killed by cold, drought and predators?

3. chizlit

chizlit Well-Known Member

Now if their campaign was against fur and not zoo's I would support them!

4. Stefka

Stefka Well-Known Member

Well, if it would be organization focusing only on a ban of fur-farms in Ireland, (and doing it professionally, not insisting that every member must be vegan etc.), I would support them as well. But the way they do it is ridiculous..

5. pipaluk

pipaluk Well-Known Member 10+ year member

I for one am glad the 'do-gooders' are clearly failing in their pointless campaign, 24 million zoo visitors per year can't be wrong!

How can they state zoos don't perform a conservation role, the arabian & scimtar horned oryx, pere davids deer, european bison & prezwalskis horse to name a few are living proof of this! all would have been extinct long ago!

There is also the educational & environmental/conservation awareness aspect. Also as already mentioned there is also the exercise/fresh air aspect when so many youngsters spend most of there time stuck indoors in front of a computer/tv or gaming system! Its shame the press can't give the same negative coverage to these organisations false statements that they try to throw at some zoos. The zoos in this country have improved dramatically over the 40+ years of my visiting, there are very few bad ones now.

6. zoogiraffe

zoogiraffe Well-Known Member

From what I was told at Chester Zoo they never turned up,for there protest atthe zoo,but then its very hard to have an impact from a middle of a roundabout!!!