Join our zoo community

Chatroom rules

Discussion in 'Zoo Cafe' started by kiang, 26 Apr 2010.

Tags:
  1. kiang

kiang Well-Known Member 15+ year member

With the chatroom now being used more and more often, i thought it may be wise if there were some rules for the room laid down that everyone could follow, and make it a more open forum for zoochat users.
    Firstly i think if anything is said in the chatroom, unless authorised by the user, it should stay in the chatroom, and not put up in the main zoochat site on one of the forums, or passed to other members via private messages.

And if anyone is going into chat or already in, please let other members know that you are in there to come in and join you. Or if possible for there to be a section in the banner at all times to indicate if anyone is in chat at any given time.

Personally speaking too, would it be possible for the chatroom to open a new page, so as you can keep tabs on the main site, without having to log in twice?

This is not me laying down the law, but putting it out there for discussion, views please.
    I would also like to take this opportunity to say to members, who are not using the chat to pop in and give it a go, you know who you are;)

2. zoogiraffe

zoogiraffe Well-Known Member

This all sound very sensible and I couldn`t agree with what you have said if a tried,I too have noticed alot of people come in and never say anything,as for passing on info to people not in the chatroom as far as I`m concerned anybody who does this would lose any thrust I had in and it would take along time for them to regain any trust I did have in them.

3. lintworm

lintworm Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Nice idea.

@Kiang you can open the chat in a new window, with a right mouse click on "chat" and then chose "open in a new window/tab".

4. kiang

kiang Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Brilliant lintowrm, i am no computer genius, appreciate your help, thank you.

5. ZooLeopard

ZooLeopard Well-Known Member

Yep, agree with everything you have said kiang.

6. Chlidonias

Chlidonias Moderator Staff Member 15+ year member

at the bottom of the main forums page, under where it has the list of members currently on-line, there is a bar which lists who is in the chat-room (but it is only refreshed every five minutes, so its not strictly accurate)