Join our zoo community

Chester news and guides

Discussion in 'Zoo Memorabilia' started by Nisha, 13 Jan 2014.

1. Nisha

Nisha Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Does anyone else on here collect Chester News and Guide booklets, just out of interest? I do and currently have around 140 individual booklets along with a few duplicates if anyone would be interested in swapping.... :)

Last edited: 20 Jan 2014
  2. bongorob

bongorob Well-Known Member 15+ year member

I have them all Nisha.

I much prefer the old magazines to the modern Z. I think Z Magazine has far too much conservation content and not enough about the zoo and its animals.

The old-style Chester Zoo News and Guide was far more informative and educational.

3. Pertinax

Pertinax Well-Known Member 15+ year member

'Chester Zoo News' was about what it said- Zoo news.;)

4. Nisha

Nisha Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Update: I've recently managed to complete my set of news and guides, nearly 5 years after purchasing my first ones.

I now have a number (over 100 at least) of surplus issues as well that I'm looking to sell or exchange for guidebooks - If anyone else here collects them and would be interested then please PM me. Happy to sell individual issues or multiples

5. karoocheetah

karoocheetah Well-Known Member

yes I collect too as you know - I'm a lot more casual than you though.
    1st up I suppose I should make a list of what I actually have rather than try to remember them! :)

I started by collecting a guide book and a badge from every zoo that I have visited since I was a kid - I have a few gaps but slowly back filling.

Also collect Chester, Knowsley & Berlin Zoo memorabilia for reasons probably best kept to myself :p

6. Butch

Butch Active Member 10+ year member

Chester Zoo News

Hello Nisha,
    I am interested in older issues of Chester Zoo News, if these are included in your exchange, sell list ?
    Please let me know.
    All the best
    Butch