Join our zoo community

Chimp Cam

Discussion in 'TV, Movies, Books about Zoos & Wildlife' started by Simon McGlary, 23 Jan 2010.

1. Simon McGlary

Simon McGlary Well-Known Member

The chimpanzees of Budongo Trail at Edinburgh Zoo are to be the stars in a forthcoming episode of the BBC's Natural World episode. It is about the Chimpcam project that looks in to the chimpanzees cignitive abilities and included many firsts as it coincided with the move into Budongo Trail! It promises to be a fascinating programme and more information can be found here http://www.facebook.com/simonmcglary#/event.php?eid=269618620773&ref=mf or here http://chimpcam.com/

Broadcast in the UK is on BBC2 on 27th January at 20:00 (8pm).

2. GillP

GillP Well-Known Member

I enjoyed this so much. I could watch shows about chimp interaction forever and it was really interesting to watch the politics in that group. TBH, the US researcher and her studies was the least interesting part of the programme for me ..... her observations were what I'd expect from having read and watched other sources of info about chimps.

However, I had no idea that Edinburgh had such a great chimp exhibit. I loved their outdoor space with masses of climbing space, loads of undergrowth and the fact it wasn't flat and boring. Edinburgh's now on my 'to do' list.

3. Bele

Bele Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Given the strong personalities of the Chimps seen in this fascinating programme , I do wonder how difficult it will be to integrate the new Chimps due to arrive at Edinburgh soon .

4. OrangePerson

OrangePerson Well-Known Member 15+ year member

If anyone is familiar with Edinburgh's chimps and wouldn't mind please could you look at these pics and tell me who they are. I've tried to guess from the pictures on the website and Ricky was pointed out to me at the time.

Chimpanzees at Edinburgh Zoo - a set on Flickr

I did enjoy going there because it is a great exhibit with all the different areas they have free access to.

Last edited: 21 Feb 2010