Join our zoo community

Chinese Water Dragon Head/Face Rubbing?

Discussion in 'Private Collections & Pets' started by Gabby Bekkers, 22 Feb 2019.

1. Gabby Bekkers

Gabby Bekkers New Member

I adopted 2 young Chinese water dragons this past Christmas, one male (Bahamut) and a female (Syldra). After waiting a little more than 2 weeks to hold them, my boyfriend and I began noticing that Syldra had been rubbing her face and right side of her face on the glass. Due to bills and groceries, we have not had the chance to take them to the closest exotic veterinary clinic, but her lip on the right side is pushing out a bit. She let us touch it without any problem, and it's nothing like our last lizard who had previous trauma to her from I don't know where. She eats fine - prefers to hunt the crickets rather than be hand fed like Bahamut does - and she's heccin playful. Her tum is always pudgy in the best way and both of them have plenty to eat every day or so. I'm just worried about her.
    The only other thing they both do that concerns me is that they'll jump from the highest point in the tank and smack into the furthest wall. They'll do it maybe 5 or 6 times a day each, sometimes consecutively. I assume its because they want out, and due to it being winter and us living in the Shenandoah Mountains, I dont feel comfortable taking them out in any sort when it's cold, even if they're in the bedroom. Any ideas? Help is much appreciated.

Their diet consists of as follows:
    Medium to large feeder crickets, superworms, med-large mealworms, freeze dried grasshoppers, and a recent attempt of calci-worms. Water is always bottled spring water, I use the same to mist them 3 or 4 times a day.

2. Daktari JG

Daktari JG Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Impossible to say for certain over the internet but top suspects would be
    stomatitis
    abcess
    or tumor

no matter what it merits a visit to the vet. The lip sticking out is definitely
    not anything normal and the rubbing indicates its bothering it

3. Gabby Bekkers

Gabby Bekkers New Member

After looking up what stomatitis is and reading the symptoms, I don't think that's it. She eats fine, no discharge of any kind, and her inner mouth bits are a healthy pink. So I dunno