Join our zoo community

Christmas Photo Puzzle 2022 – MONOCHROME CREATURES

Discussion in 'Quizzes, Competitions & Games' started by gentle lemur, 24 Dec 2022.

1. Chlidonias

Chlidonias Moderator Staff Member 15+ year member

The only animal I didn't get the proper answer for was Somali Wild Ass (I was going with either African or maybe just Wild Ass, so my letter choices were A or E with maybe W).

I was also (in hindsight) hindered by thinking the hidden answer would be a common name followed by a scientific name, rather than just the scientific name by itself.

In my many false starts I got the first seven letters of Bontebok, with then the first four letters of Damaliscus but it couldn't be that due to the lack of the K (and the rest of the scientific name!); I got the whole of Banteng (if the Killer Whale was sneakily termed a Grampus) but there weren't enough letters in the scientific name to make the required total so that was a non-starter; and I also got optera and pachy as potential parts of scientific names - and one of those at least turned out to be right.

gentle lemur likes this.
  2. gentle lemur

gentle lemur Well-Known Member 15+ year member

3. Tetzoo Quizzer

Tetzoo Quizzer Well-Known Member

I also got caught up with Bontebok, and couldn’t reset my thinking. Also guilty of expecting a common name answer; all my mammals and birds were correct; hadn’t fully solved the mamba, catfish or frog. I have seen live Fin Whale, sadly stranded and although refloated was moribund and died the following day.

gentle lemur likes this.