Join our zoo community

Clay Center Zoo Clay Center Zoo News

Discussion in 'United States' started by snowleopard, 21 Aug 2014.

1. snowleopard

snowleopard Well-Known Member Premium Member

I have uploaded 20 brand-new photos of this "world-class" establishment into the gallery.

2. Milwaukee Man

Milwaukee Man Well-Known Member

3. NSU42

NSU42 Well-Known Member

4. snowleopard

snowleopard Well-Known Member Premium Member

The best thing would be to hire a bulldozing firm and demolish the entire zoo as it is a horrid facility that is packed with third world cages. I've visited 325 different zoos and aquariums in my lifetime and Clay Center is the absolute worst. The improvements that are being called for will mean the raising of millions of dollars and unless there is a kindly benefactor out there willing to donate vast sums of money then the whole thing is a lost cause. The zoo needs to send its animals away to better establishments.

Arizona Docent likes this.
  5. NSU42

NSU42 Well-Known Member

Yes I remember reading your review of this place and thinking that $500,000 is not enough for the plan they seem to have. However, it seems like the $500,000 is just the first fundraising step in the plan to improve the zoo and if they don't receive that amount by December 31, 2015, according to the flyer on the linked page, the zoo will close. I've never been to this zoo and haven't been to nearly as many as you, just ran across the page when looking for a webpage.

6. Yi Qi

Yi Qi Well-Known Member

I at least admire the fact at least the zoo knows its bear **** and is trying to improve if nothing else. Also the zoo's still open, so I guess the $500,000 at least arrived.