Join our zoo community

Colchester zoo, please read before buying season ticket

Discussion in 'General Zoo Discussion' started by Anthony Nea, 1 Feb 2017.

1. Anthony Nea

Anthony Nea New Member

I have just received the email informing me that I am going to have to pay extra to access Fright Night and Christmas attractions in future.
    How can you implement this retrospectively to existing pass holders?
    I bought passes for ourselves and our grandsons partly because they love attending Fright Night etc, and now we will have to pay extra! How can you justify applying this retrospectively? I have bought passes for the past six years, but will not be renewing when the current ones run out. If you applied the extra charges to prospective pass holders that would be fair enough, as one could then decide if it was still worthwhile buying the passes, but I have no choice.
    I will be contacting Essex Trading Standards to clarify if this is legal, let alone fair. I will also be contacting the local press and BBC's Watchdog program to highlight this matter.
    I am extremely disappointed with your decision to charge existing pass holders extra fees, and I regard the way it has been applied to existing pass holders as reprehensible, and unworthy of such a great organisation as Colchester Zoo.
    Please reply to this email as I will be forwarding all correspondence on.
    Yours,
    Anthony Neal

2. dean

dean Well-Known Member 10+ year member

I think you are getting a little mixed up here, this site hasn't any conncetion with the zoo it is for zoo enthusiasts. We have no imput on the workings of the zoo at all.

3. Chester Charlie

Chester Charlie Member

I agree this is not a matter for zoochat have you thought about contacting the zoo before going to trading standards and Anne Robinson?

4. Chatt Wolf

Chatt Wolf Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Good grief. o_O

5. pipaluk

pipaluk Well-Known Member 10+ year member

I may be wrong, but I think you still get free entry on fright night, while non members pay to get in. It's the fright night 'attractions' that are charged for in the zoo will have to be paid for by everyone, members included. Not such a scandal really

6. bongorob

bongorob Well-Known Member 15+ year member

That seems to be normal to me, I can't see why the original poster is so upset.

zoogiraffe and pipaluk like this.