Join our zoo community

Columbus Zoo Updates for 2010

Discussion in 'United States' started by cwenwyn, 18 Feb 2010.

Tags:
  1. cwenwyn

cwenwyn Well-Known Member

Any news form the Columbus zoo? Anybody been out to see the progress on the Polar area? Any stories about how the animals have been dealing with our recent run of snow storms?

2. cwenwyn

cwenwyn Well-Known Member

and how do I get this to show up under Columbus Zoo threads? :)

3. geomorph

geomorph Well-Known Member 10+ year member Premium Member

I think it is too late to properly categorize this thread by yourself; instead, since there are no replies yet, make a new thread but this time when typing in the title, choose the 'Prefix' from the drop-down bar next to the title box and a list of all the zoos will appear, where you can scroll down to choose Columbus. I don't know how to delete the old thread though!

4. Kudu21

Kudu21 Well-Known Member 10+ year member

I just got their email and this is the only thing it said that had anything to do with Polar Frontier and that's not much.

ZOO POLAR PATROL AT POLAR BEAR PLUNGE
    Date: Saturday, February 20, 2010
    Time: 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
    Price of Admission: Pledges Required for Plungers / Spectators are Free

The Polar Bears will soon be arriving at the Zoo and we're beginning to celebrate their arrival all over town, beginning with the Central Ohio Polar Bear Plunge at Crew Stadium! The Zoo's Polar Patrol will be on hand with animals, zoo activities, Polly Polar Bear, and a few other character ambassadors to cheer on the Polar Plungers (including a few Zoo staff members!) as they jump into a super sized icy cold swimming pool to raise money for the Special Olympics. Adult Polar Plungers are asked to raise a "bear" minimum of $75 to participate, while high school and college students can participate with a minimum of $50 in pledges. And, in the honor of the polar bears coming to Columbus this spring, the Zoo is offering a special treat for those who take the plunge this Saturday - each Polar Plunger will receive a Zoo t-shirt and a free pass to see the real polar bears once Polar Frontier is open! For more information about the Columbus Plunge contact Kara Ward at [email protected] or (419) 306-4221.

5. Amnesiac

Amnesiac Well-Known Member