Join our zoo community

Combe Martin Wildlife & Dinosaur Park Combe Martin Wildlife Park Update

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by BramblePatch, 21 Apr 2013.

1. MagpieGoose

MagpieGoose Well-Known Member 5+ year member

0:2 Bat-eared Foxes have arrived from Reaseheath Zoo. This means Reaseheath no longer hold Bat-eared Foxes.

Kifaru Bwana likes this.
  2. FBBird

FBBird Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Exmoor, just up the road, had two males which will now be rather elderly if still alive.

Kifaru Bwana likes this.
  3. Kifaru Bwana

Kifaru Bwana Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Could one switch over?

4. Nisha

Nisha Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Plans have been unveiled and fundraising started to build an Amur Leopard exhibit at the park. The EEP have already earmarked males, Anik and Kazimir from Marwell as the potential new occupants Amur Leopards: Back To The Wild

5. Ann Esther Sprizzo

Ann Esther Sprizzo Well-Known Member

Lunch with the leopards donation perk almost worth renewing my passport for that!

6. TNT

TNT Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I'm currently at the zoo, waiting for the sealion show to start. Lovely weather and most of the animals are up and about!

Phase one of the Amur Leopard enclosure is completed, and it can been seen from a far distance by the capybara enclosure - I'm yet to see the two brothers that inhabit it however.

There are also 5 week old Hudson Bay Wolf pups which I have had a glimpse of!

Work has commenced on the old wolf enclosure, to be used for the capybaras as phase two of the Amur Leopard enclosure will take up their current space (I think...?)

So far, I'm having a wonderful day, and will be visiting Exmoor Zoo on the way home after the show :)

Ann Esther Sprizzo and migdog like this.
  7. okapi

okapi Member

Does anyone have any updates on the leopard enclosure??

8. okapi

okapi Member

Does anyone know when phase two of the leopard enclosure is due to be completed? I haven’t seen or heard anything recently & just wondered if anyone knew anything considering it’s been 2 years since phase one was built

9. george.h.martin

george.h.martin Member

Still under construction doesn’t even seem to have the foundations in. Although I was lucky enough to see the pair up the hillside

10. okapi

okapi Member

New primate enclosures looking good. The old saki monkey enclosure has been knocked down and turned into a picnic area. The squirrel monkey enclosure has been made into one long one instead with a lot more height added compared to the previous one.
    The two tamarin enclosures has been replaced with one bigger one instead for the cotton tops. I believe they used to have emperor tamarins aswell from what I remember, I don’t know what happened to the species here. I think they got replaced by the goeldis? (Correct me if I’m wrong). Then the bottom primate enclosure has been completely knocked down and turned into three enclosures with the goeldis and saki monkey one side and the red ruffed the other.
    Two capybara in the old wolf enclosure however they appeared to have been separated the whole time.
    Turkey vultures in the old gibbon/lemur enclosure next to the macaques.
    Not really seen much progress on the leopard enclosure however looks like it would be a costly project.
    Great to see a lot of updates and improvements around the park

george.h.martin likes this.
  11. Strathmorezoo

Strathmorezoo Well-Known Member

Combe Martin has welcomed a new Black and white Lemur called. Eleven, or El from Blair Drummond safari Park. She is paired with Felix the male. After a few days the pair are spending all their time together. News from BBC

Kalaw likes this.