Join our zoo community

Coming out of the darkness (Wheeling, WV)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by WV Zoo Volunteer, 6 Aug 2015.

1. WV Zoo Volunteer

WV Zoo Volunteer Member

I've been lurking on the site for almost a year, so I'd figure I'd join in finally.

I'm a 17 year old zoo volunteer (and enthusiast of course) from Wheeling, West Virginia. I'm not sure how many users have been associated with the Good Zoo in Oglebay Park (the only AZA accredited zoo in the state), but I'm sure there's not many.

Even though I live in a rather unpopulated state with very few zoological attractions, it puts me in a good position to visit other, larger, more well known ones across the east and midwest. Examples being Brookfield, Bronx, Columbus, Philadelphia.

I'm hoping to get into a career involving ecology or paleontology of some description. Therefore, I think this will be a good way to to share my insights as well as maybe learn some things as well.

2. savethelephant

savethelephant Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Welcome to zoochat Lukose!:)

3. WV Zoo Volunteer

WV Zoo Volunteer Member

Thank you. :)

4. Macaw16

Macaw16 Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Welcome to ZooChat!

5. BeardsleyZooFan

BeardsleyZooFan Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Welcome to ZooChat! A member of this site called MrOkapi worked at the Good Zoo, but he doesn't post here anymore. The only association I have with the Good Zoo was that my hometown zoo, Beardsley Zoo, sent Joaquin the Andean Bear there.

6. Arizona Docent

Arizona Docent Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Glad to have you. :)

7. DavidBrown

DavidBrown Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Welcome. A couple people here have visited and reviewed your zoo. It looks like it has a nice collection and interesting plans for the future.