Join our zoo community

Zoo København Copenhagen Zoo First Visit

Discussion in 'Denmark' started by markun, 24 Mar 2009.

1. Shirokuma

Shirokuma Well-Known Member

Where in the zoo is this? is it in the South American area?

EDIT sorry, reading back through the thread I assume it is next to the new flamingo aviary where the gibbons were, is that correct?

2. zoo chp89

zoo chp89 Well-Known Member

HELLO ZOO FRIENDS!
    I have heard that the zoo would be larger area of the probes land where Africans and isolated islands and the children's zoo for nine years ago. Then when the zoo was built on the savannah, you have to talk about it! There have been other nyhter the zoo as the snow leopard was coming and orangutans and also geoparder but they have scrapped! This information I have received since I have had contact with a person who worked at the zoo until 2 years ago. Since then I have not received any more news about the zoo? it will be something for next year?
    Sincerely zoo cph89

3. zoo chp89

This is have the proper new flamingo plant will be that old meadow lay storks lived!
    The new squirrel monkeys moving in about 2 weeks in the old gibbon house!
    have it so good shir

4. Toddy

Toddy Well-Known Member

Yes, that is indeed correct. The Flamingo Aviary stretches out slightly into the Bird Lake and the squirrel monkeys will move in on the island formerly housing gibbons. The island itself has only been slightly modified with a few new trees planted for them but a whole new house had to be built. The old one did not have enough isolation in the structure and wouldn't have kept the squirrel monkeys sufficiently warm through the winter.

"Turkish vultures"? Good one :p I don't know when the map will be updated on the website. That usually takes some time so don't expect it to do so until next year (maybe sooner but no one knows).

I have no idea what this question means? Are you referring to the plans for the Søndermarken section or an extension of the zoo?

Once again I am unsure about what you mean? Are you talking about the masterplan for 2010 published in 1999? If so that one is completely outdated and few of those things will come true (though some already has).

Most likely the only new exhibit next year will be The Arctic Ring which is one of the biggest projects in the zoo's history. From 2013 and onwards it is not certain which projects will be completed and certainly not when.

I have seen the plans for the next four big exhibit chances at Copenhagen Zoo but I am not sure if I can post them here yet (though many of them can probably be guessed).

5. Jordan-Jaguar97

Jordan-Jaguar97 Well-Known Member

Anybody know the names of the Amur tigers?

6. zoo chp89

hi zoovänner! When will the artiske ring ready? heard that it will be october v.42 but getting something in the pictures so do not know? any news on new plants in the pipeline and animals? have a nice day

7. zoo chp89

hello my friends have any one copenhagen zoo new build exibith in the future? about new tasmanian devil exibith,the chinpazes outdoor exibith and the giant panda?