Join our zoo community

Zoo København Copenhagen Zoo News 2015

Discussion in 'Denmark' started by Thesweham, 10 Jan 2015.

1. DDcorvus

DDcorvus Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Have you even looked into the issue? You're question actually shows several assumptions that are all incorrect!!

2. Hvedekorn

Hvedekorn Well-Known Member 15+ year member

They have never done that as far as I'm aware. You might want to actually research the whole case about the giraffe.

3. zoo chp89

zoo chp89 Well-Known Member

hello
    the project zoo building know the tasmenaske anlegg it on track but when is finiched it not a day or month, any persons whwn the building are finiched? But after the buildning at the new exibith the tasmanian devil move to the new exibith tamasnke anlegg from the sodermarken then the buildning to an african animals how is they dont know... chipanzes or another animal. Tell me more about new exibithts in copenhagen zoo

4. Hvedekorn

Hvedekorn Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Sorry, I barely understand what your post is saying, but I take it as if you're asking when the Tasmanian exhibit will be finished. They have merely said "later this year", but from how the construction work seems to look, my guess would be late summer or early fall. But please don't take my word for it, as I'm not an expert in construction work, and Copenhagen Zoo doesn't exactly tend to keep up with their original schedules (the exhibit was originally scheduled for opening fall last year).

Cannot tell you anything about African animals or other new exhibits.

5. zoo chp89

Yes you understand me correct, the Tasmanian exhibit will be finished I think also late summer I hope. I see a video on the exibith now (from saturaday) and I hope the finished the exibith in summer. But I have a question about the south american exibih, I saw the anters, cabybara,nandu and flodesvin living in the exibith its correct? I think also maned wolf can lived in this area?

6. zoo chp89

can some person take picture on the construction on the new Tasmanian exhibit in gamle elefanthus and the Tasmanian exhibit they building know... t

7. Thesweham

Thesweham Well-Known Member 5+ year member

Some of the animals at zoo are too fat and need a new diet.

Copenhagen Zoo animals are too fat - The Local

Some other news from the park: 2.0 Snowy owls have arrived from Ouwehand, NL. They will live in the Nordic area later together with Arctic foxs.

On April 21, 3 African lions cubs have been born at zoos, these are the first cubs from the male, which arrived from Givskud last year.

:)

8. annebn

annebn Well-Known Member

The other female lion has also had cubs, so there are now seven in total, according to the zoo's facebook page, June 19th. (I'm not sure when they were born, probably some days earlier than that).

9. annebn

annebn Well-Known Member

Taken on June 19th: Here is a corner of the building site for the new Tasmanian exhibit:

[​IMG]

And here is the temporary exhibit by the old elephant house (no devils, they had gone inside the house).

[​IMG]

The group in the "old" exhibit were quite active though:

[​IMG]

10. Bib Fortuna

Bib Fortuna Well-Known Member

11. annebn

annebn Well-Known Member

Quite funny. But don't worry, unlike some people, Bengt Holst has no problem telling the difference between animals and humans.

12. Bib Fortuna

Bib Fortuna Well-Known Member

Could you read the article ?

13. annebn

annebn Well-Known Member

Yes, of course. As satire goes, it's fine. However, personally, I do think it was the right decision regarding the lions.

14. temp

temp Well-Known Member

Of course he could: Most Danes have had several years of German in school. However, recent reforms have reduced the percentage (formerly English and Germany were equal in Danish schools; now English has taken the clear lead as main foreign language).

Back on subject. Does anyone know when the Tasmania section will open? I only heard the very general "this summer".

15. annebn

annebn Well-Known Member

The latest on the zoo's website and on the signs by the building site just said "later this year". (It was originally scheduled for autumn 2014, but by then the construction hadn't really started yet).

16. Swedish zoo man

Swedish zoo man Well-Known Member

Is the Tasmanien devils still in their old exhibits

17. annebn

annebn Well-Known Member

Yes, there are still some in the 'old' exhibit in Søndermarken, but the group has outgrown it, so there are also currently some in the old elephant house.

18. Swedish zoo man

What will happen with the Emus?

19. Swedish zoo man

How much time do you nid to se whole zoo

20. annebn

annebn Well-Known Member

Depends how long you spend by each animal of course. I think you can do it in about three hours, if you are in a hurry. But you can also spend a whole day.
    The zoo is not physically that big, so there are not long distances to walk.