Join our zoo community

ZOO Dvůr Králové Could Dvur Kralove be excluded from EAZA?

Discussion in 'Czech Republic' started by kiang, 1 May 2010.

1. Cat-Man

Cat-Man Well-Known Member 15+ year member

How has Dvur Kralove not being in Eaza affected them? 4 years on from the last post in this thread :p

2. Kifaru Bwana

Kifaru Bwana Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Believe me …, it has affected them, but not only them.

Till this day I do think / feel that EAZA to have ever considered Dvur for exclusion was a misjudgment on the part of EAZA and at least within the Czech Republic was not looked upon with great favor.

A collection that has always partnered high regard for zoo management and husbandry/conservation breeding programs with a highly professional and great scientific staff and without whose active involvement in many EEP / ESB programs would not have prospered the way they had up till 2010.

That Dvur took summary steps for appearance's sake before EAZA officially motioned was more to put them out of some further misery with them.

For starters: Dvur has formally sent EAZA a request to re-enter the forum.

Ad finitam - from me at least - I will applaud the day that EAZA will renege on its steps set in motion these several years ago … and do the good deed!

3. baboon

baboon Well-Known Member 10+ year member

I have just find this topic and I am shocking about this...... How could EAZA exclude one of the best zoos in the world, just because they were reluctant to sterilize their Grevy's zebras and wild dogs and sold some of their hoofstock to another European zoos? And it make me doubt that it was their action which sent all the north white rhinos back to Africa made the official of EAZA angry......

4. Bib Fortuna

Bib Fortuna Well-Known Member

The Story runs deeper than you know, but the chances for a return to EAZA are very good-of course, because Eaza needs them as a soucre for rhinos and hoofstock.