Join our zoo community

Zion Wildlife Gardens Craig Busch and Zion Wildlife Gardens

Discussion in 'New Zealand' started by Peter Dickinson, 23 Sep 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter Dickinson

Peter Dickinson Well-Known Member

I have been following the story of Craig Busch and Zion Wildlife Gardens with great interest especially since there have been marches to raise money for him. I believe it will be a very sad day if he is ever permitted to work with animals ever again. He really needs to step back and look at what he has done. It isn't good.

Last edited by a moderator: 14 Oct 2009
  2. MARK

MARK Well-Known Member

Peter I think you will find a number of threads that has well and truly covered this subject on the forum

3. Peter Dickinson

Peter Dickinson Well-Known Member

Craig Busch and Zion Wildlfe Gardens

Thanks Mark,

I have read every posting on ZooChat referring to Craig and Zion Wildlife Gardens. Along with that I have read through websites and Facebooks. I must have also read some 600+ comments at the end of newspapers.

Clearly some of what I have said is repetition but the detail on declawing is new as is some other detail. I did not include the pot smoking at work with animals, the beating up of a girlfriend who he been parted from for a year or killing cubs with rocks.

I thought it important to re-draw the worlds attention to the character of this man whilst he tries to re-take charge of this collection. Did you see that there have been protest marches and fund raising to allow him to buy the place back? It must not happen.

4. Tiger Monkey

Tiger Monkey New Member

100% WHOLEHEARTEDLY AGREE WITH YOU.
    His mother was kind enough to out herself in debt and this is how he repays her. My sympathy for him has run out. Thank god for Tim Husband who is now taking control and giving those cats the best quality of life possible

5. madbushfarm

madbushfarm Well-Known Member

Tim is doing a great job at ZWG. He's made some huge changes at ZWG. The most recent with the separation of Sita from her mother. I can see only a positive future for the park if these well planned and managed changes continue. I visited the park at the end of July. The cats are in superb condition and definitely not showing any signs of abnormal stereotypical behaviours such as pacing and weaving.. Tim kindly gave me some time and we had a great talk. I see nothing but good coming out of his being current Park Operator. The enrichment programme seems also to be progressing well. The cats are slowly getting used to the new training techniques. The enclosures are clean and spacious and all of the animals are very well cared for. Thumbs up to them for all of their hard work:)

6. AUSSIE-LEE

AUSSIE-LEE New Member

Craig Busch

Am i really reading the rubbish you guys have written? I can see most of you either have the words of the "media" which is 99% cr*p anyway, or people "having a quiet word" with new park rangers, whom obviously want to keep their new jobs.
    what rubbish you guys believe, my 8 yr old daughter isnt as gulliable as you people, and she still believes in the tooth fairy.

my god, im disgusted at you all.
    did you know that judges and cops here in england have smoked pot, and it is actually being considered to be made legal, how does anyone know "IF" he smoked pot, that it wasnt medicinal? and in england smoking pot isnt a crime, dealing it is.
    come on guys, the guy is arguably one of the worlds formost lion experts, do you think he is stupid enough to mix drugs and wild animals??, crikey give the poor guy a break, he has imported a rare to extinct species into new zealand to help in its preservation, how can that be bad?? your telling me smoking pot is more important than that?, its those attitudes that made white lions extinct in the wild in the first place.

Look at this fact..... Dalu died AFTER craig left the park, not before or during, or is "allegedly" smoking pot more important than that too? dalu's death says to me that comotion around the animals surrounding craigs removal, probably had more to do with his death, than the animals themselves. lets not also forget tigers have a pretty accurate bad press about killing their owners and keepers, we even have a case of a tiger killing his keeper at longleat several years ago, and the keeper had raised the tiger all its life, these things happen, you work with deadly animals, accidents most definately are going to happen, its part of what they do. no-one ever died with craig in charge. ooooooooppppssss, i forgot, pot smoking is more important than that too. silly me.

i think your also quite comical in your allegations of trying to second guess what may or may not have happened with yet another "allegation" that he killed a cub with a rock?..........................please!!!
    we dont know if its true, or the incident surrounding it, people who dont live work and breath wild animals should NOT make assumptions about the way things are done in the wild or with wild animals in the parks around the world.......... MAYBE, the cub was in dire need of euthanaisia, but access to a vet wasnt possible at that very moment, do you let if suffer a horrible lasting and painful death, or do you put the animal out of its misery? many animals are killed for the food line with either a knock on the head, a spike to the brain and its throat cut, so dont make assumptions about people and things you know nothing about.

lets not be mistaken, the good deed mother isnt in it for the love of the animals, ITS A BUSINESS, its money, anyone who says differently needs to go to bed tonight and wake up in the real world tomorrow.

ah yes, sorry i forgot the "allegation" he beat up his ex girlfriend?...................... more media rubbish, or was he actually convicted and punished for this?, because in england we have a law, pretty much they call it justice, ive heard some rubbish in my time, but you people really must have too much time on your hands.

i have many animals here, infact i have one whom has cancer, if i had a choice when the time comes to lose her, to wait a week or a day even for a vet, and she is suffering, id not think twice about shooting her to end her pain. its not cruel, cruel would be waiting those precious moments for the vet to arrive that my animals dont have or cannot wait for. this is just an outlook, and not what i will do unless 100% essential, if a fox came in and got one of the kookaburras, and it was still alive but clearly suffering, i too would put it out of its misery, because thats what we do, we look after our animals in good times and the bad.

maybe you guys should stop reading cr*p in the media, get a hobby, stop smoking pot yourselves, and wake up in the real world, with an undertanding view of what we dont know about, we shouldnt make assumptions......

save your responses, i wont be reading anymore of your rubbish, had enough to last me a lifetime already..

7. madbushfarm

Well I've seen it all on this one. The rant above? Sorry I doubt anyone on this board takes drugs I know I don't. I go on actual government documents to make my opinions not heresay. You said you're in the UK? I'm in New Zealand an hour from the park and I also happen to know the people on the team. Regardless of the issues only the NZ Courts will decide the outcome - not the public. You're entitled to your opinion but resorting to accusing people of taking drugs - that is heresay and groundless rubbish. Attacking people only reflects upon the person making the attacks - not on those being attacked.:mad:

8. AUSSIE-LEE

AUSSIE-LEE New Member

did you people not read what you wrote about craig?, or should i say the attacking comments, werent your words............reflecting people who are making the comments?? what a joke.
    i live a half hour from the beach, doesnt make me taj burrow or nat young, does it?

wasnt it you and your cronies on this page mentioning craig taking drugs, beating animals and women, but dislike the boot being on the other foot? i hope craig gets HIS park back, the people you know on the "team" reclaim their handbags and knives they all stabbed craig in the back with from customs, and return to whatever hell hole they crawled out of.
    make no mistake craig built this park, and his hard work promoted it, the park is all him.

good luck with your assumption making, maybe some appologies could be printed on here when he gets the park back??
    then maybe he an get back to what he does best, preservation of endangered species.

couldnt resist replying, your mail was laughable, accusing me of something you had done yourself, who is the joker who has "read all" 600 plus comments, maybe he needs a job, maybe he can appologise on here publically and become cheif pooper scooper for the park, seeing as thats all he talks.

9. iluvretro

iluvretro New Member

10. zoogiraffe

zoogiraffe Well-Known Member

Your comments on here make me embarrased to say that I come from the same country as your self,but your are entitled to think what you like.I could never take somebody that say`s he`s breeding rare White Bengal Tiger`s to save the from extinction because all they are is a Genetic Freak,and in the case of these animals a Genetic Freak with Bengal and Amur Tiger genes in them,making them Hybrid Tigers!!!
    Also if you say that you are not going to read any more of the rubbish as you call it on this thread then why have you posted on it again after you made the comment?????

11. Dawn B

Dawn B Well-Known Member

Do I take it you like Craig Busch?

12. madbushfarm

Again a rant with no actual backing up with facts. The person you're busily insulting happens to have over 40 years in the zoo business. I take it you must be some kind of learned expert in the field of Wildlife Management if you are quick enough to lay accusations against those experienced in that field. And yes of course the New Zealand Police clearly must lied to the media as well as the Judge in the Whangarei District Court that heard the case - but of course the entire thing is made up. Do you want to accuse the Police and the District Court Judge of purgery then? and obviously you must know from afar that some of us in New Zealand are taking illegal substances..very intriguing. Is that a satellite system.

13. James27

James27 Well-Known Member

If he was a so called "expert" in big cat husbandry then he would not have had most of them declawed and he certainly would NOT be breeding inbred genetic freaks and claiming he's doing something good for conservation. I was so shocked that so many people on my college course believed this drivel about white tigers, and that's thanks to people like him.
    I'm going to throw a bit of a spanner in the works and add my "media": Craig Busch and Zion Wildlife Gardens
    Possibly been posted before, but it's a good article and gets to the point.

14. madbushfarm

That's a very well written article Ash. And yes you are right white tigers are created by inbreeding not by being a separate sub species of tiger..so much for them not being related as claimed in the series. Of course they are. And I noted on one of the threads that one of the people that visited the park some time back while Craig was still in charge was tole the Servals Zoe and Silas had had a litter but the female had killed the cubs. Zoe and Silas are in fact brother and sister. they're on contraceptive implants now more inbreeding? It looks like it. In the end the truth will reveal itself. MAF have just completed an inspection and have given ZWG the thumbs up. Foxy the Baboon has Nasal Cancer so they are monitering her condition on a day to day basis at present. ZWg may make the report public we'll see what happens there.:D

15. ptig

ptig Well-Known Member

"Aussie-Lee" cerainly needs to take a good look at the facts surrounding Craig Busch and lose a substantial amount of emotion. I still find it hard that people support him with all of the damning facts that have come out in the past year. I know several people who have worked or volunteered there and no the allegations to be accurate and subtantial.

16. pussycatz1

pussycatz1 New Member

Most of the stuff I have read here is nothing but heresay. People get your facts straight. You clearly do not know what has really being going on. Most of the lies and viscious accusations have come from a family feud. This is all going through the high court where both sides of the story will be heard. Believe me the truth will come out and it probably won't be what you are expecting. How about you all leave your comments to yourselves until the real story comes out. Craig will be back at his park soon and I for one will stand by him proudly because I know that this man has done nothing wrong. Please don't bother to try and attack me as I am already getting ridiculous accusations thrown at me by other anti craig busch people. I expect that I according to the anti craig brigade I too would have committed some atrocity or what have you sometime in the near future..... Those people will do and say anything to discredit Craig and to try and destroy his life including trying to do the say to those that support him. It is beyond ridiculous and I am glad it will all be over soon.

Last edited: 12 Oct 2009
  17. iluvretro

iluvretro New Member

what was that pussycatz? heresay? I believe you yourself know best about that. Please share what heresay you're talking about. Also please share your proof...do you know what that is? It's facts based on true events. Have you got any links, websites or reports you can share with us to persuade us?
    I note you can said people like to spread untrue lies, please take note of your own advice nobody likes a hypocrite, thank you.

18. ptig

ptig Well-Known Member

Just the facts

I too would love to be enlightened about Craig Busch. I have close associates that have both worked and volunteered at ZWG and are pretty convincing in their descriptions of Craig's actions. He has even openly discussed some of the "accusations" confirming their accuracy only to deny it to the media.

It seems that the followers are the same ones that followed Jim Jones in Jonestown. Maybe they should think that where there is smoke there is likely some fire.

The guy is bad for the industry and still does not understand the simplest issues concerning conservation.

19. iluvretro

iluvretro New Member

well said Ptig :) I hear you.

20. phoenix

phoenix Well-Known Member

ah dear......

bogans and their big cats.

they seem drawn to one another....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.