Join our zoo community

Paradise Wildlife Park Craig busch to visit paradise on saturday 19th december

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by blackpanther, 15 Dec 2009.

1. taun

taun Well-Known Member

Convicted? What conviction are you talking about? As far as am aware he has not be convicted of any abuse against animals so far.

2. Mike11

Mike11 Well-Known Member

I really hope UK Zoo's stay clear of Craig Busch he will not help them one bit.

3. Chlidonias

Chlidonias Moderator Staff Member 15+ year member

I took it to mean the beating of his girlfriend rather than abuse of the animals

4. Mike11

Mike11 Well-Known Member

Your right but there is plenty of evidence towards animal abuse aswell.
    He's not a man to be trusted by small zoo's. I hope they stay away from him.

5. taun

taun Well-Known Member

Exactly and that has diddle swat to do with him working with animals.

Let’s keep it clean girls & boys otherwise we are no better than his supporters. ;)

6. taun

taun Well-Known Member

However if has not been convicted of this, so it just mud slinging. ;)

7. Mike11

Mike11 Well-Known Member

I do agree Tuan. We need to keep things clean and accept the opinions of others because if we are dont we are no better then the thousands of Craig Busch Fans out there.

8. stubeanz

stubeanz Well-Known Member

hiya im also very saddened by this, but i went up to pwp yesterday and had a chat with a few keepers.
    the money raised WILL be going to paradises registered charity 'friends of paradise wildlife park' which distributes funds to both british and over seas conservation projects and will not be going anywhere near craig busch pockets.
    the keepers arent very happy with the decision to have craig there and i can confirm he will deffinatly NOT be working with any of the animals and is there just to sign books or dvds.
    im going to go up there tommorow as they also have a carol service that they put on every year although im going to try and avoid the nutty craig busch fans lol
    im sure this is just an extra way of bringing in some revenue even if it is looked down upon by BIAZA and probably the reason they dont want to shout about it is to keep this as low key as possible.
    stu

9. Shorts

Shorts Well-Known Member 10+ year member

The thing is I don't think it'll bring in that much extra revenue in the big scheme of things and (judging by how busy the place seems whenever I visit) I didn't think the place was that desperate.

In fact, putting my accountants hat on, I've just checked their accounts and as far as can be seen from filed information they're very solvent already.

I'm sorry, I just think greed has clouded their judgement on this issue.

Please note, I know I'm a bit kranky and idealist (and Hicks influenced) on these types of things, as my girlfriend would attest (she has to put up with my rants at TV ads featuring already mega-rich sports stars whoring themselves hawking shaving devices).

10. CatsNeedClaws!

CatsNeedClaws! Member

Correct, he has been convicted twice of assaulting two different women. The video of him hitting the Lion cub is appalling and the way he also drags a lion by his collar is also terrible behaviour towards an animal.

I have been watching the Lion Man Series again but in a new light now and the show was just to make him look like a Lion Man to make money but in fact though I will say he does have some love for animals, he is very misguided and very foolish. A little bit of knowledge is very dangerous. Anyone who thought it was ok to declaw a cat cant have very good natural instincts as to what is good for them! He means well but he hasnt got the right personality or intelligence to do things right without making some BIG mistakes. :eek:

11. CatsNeedClaws!

CatsNeedClaws! Member

lets just face it this guy is a MASSIVE worry to all who care about animals and he will always have people keeping an eye on him, he is too much of a loose cannon I am afraid.:(

12. CatsNeedClaws!

CatsNeedClaws! Member

oh right, well please keep an eye of things there as he really isnt the brightest spark when it comes to animals, he means well but thats not enough. Has Craig got any qualifications to do with animals do we know?

13. Mike11

Mike11 Well-Known Member

I think your right, Greed has completely clouded their issue on this one.
    And for one thing if quite alot of Keepers are not happy with it, It shows what a place like Paradise is like.
    I love the Park its animal care is fab just on these issues they wind me up so much.
    If im right Craig has had several jobs before going into Animals some in the film industry I think. I would'nt be suprised at all if he had no Qualifications what so ever.

14. stubeanz

i just got back and it obviously has nothing to do with greed as all of the ticket sales today went to charity so even public that didnt know he was there had their ticket money go to charity. half went to a childrens charity and half went to friends of paradise (paradise wildlife parks charity).
    from what i could see there wasnt that many people around his book signing anyway and im guessing he was there as part of the charity day as they had lots of other stuff going on.
    stu

15. Mike11

Mike11 Well-Known Member

Thanks for that Stu,
    Did you get to see Craig Busch?, was their much of a fan-base there? and also was he publisesed much around the Park?
    Cheers

16. jacks zoo

jacks zoo Well-Known Member

I wonder if anyone has challenged Craig Busch about any of the allegations against him or his misleading veiws on 'conservation' at any of these uk appearances ?

17. Mike11

Mike11 Well-Known Member

It would be something very interesting, to see what he comes up with Jacks zoo.

18. blackpanther

blackpanther Well-Known Member

I too have seen pictures and it didn't look that well attended, i think it may have been kept on the back burner as there were quite a few people who objected to him visiting the last time, and werent quiet about it either.

Jackszoo you have a really interesting point, i'm sure he knows that not everyone in the uk loves him, so that may not be possible,

19. stubeanz

i saw him but didnt approach him, he was in the education building along with a few friends of PWP stalls and a few others stalls such as an author of children books.
    he didnt seem publisised at all really apart from a banner outside the education buildling.
    apparently at the start of the day there were quite a few fans there but when i went around mid day there seemed to only be a few people coming up and having photos.
    stu

20. Mike11

Mike11 Well-Known Member

Thanks Stu.
    Your info has been very handy.
    Did Paradise seem to be excited by his arrival at the park do you think?