Join our zoo community

Zion Wildlife Gardens Crippled animals need money for surgery to help them walk

Discussion in 'New Zealand' started by Peter Dickinson, 2 Nov 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter Dickinson

Peter Dickinson Well-Known Member

2. John Dineley

John Dineley Well-Known Member

3. ptig

ptig Well-Known Member

surgery

Never heard of that surgerical option before. I would be interested in some of the "sheep" emptying their pockets to assist this effort before they give Craig another nickel.

Still would be interested in an accounting of how much cash Craig has received from these mis-guided people, how it is being spent, and if the NZ tax authorities are getting their cut. He surely is not a registered charity.

4. Chlidonias

Chlidonias Moderator Staff Member 15+ year member

I'm not sure the Craig Busch supporters would be willing to dish out money for these operations rather than donate specifically to the man himself, for the simple reason that according to Busch the declawings were necessary or standard practice or whatever. If he said that then it must be true and therefore the operations are not required and are, in fact, simply more lies aimed at discrediting this great man further.

5. Steve Robinson

Steve Robinson Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Chlidonias - you write with tongue in cheek!

Or has your Asian trip introduced you to fact-altering substances . lol

6. Hix

Hix Wildlife Enthusiast and Lover of Islands 15+ year member Premium Member

Craig Busch is a fact-altering substance.

:p

Hix

7. ptig

ptig Well-Known Member

caring supporters

I am sure that the followers of craig only want the best for his animals and would be willing to reach deep into their pockets.

Oh I forgot the money may not make to that purpose and may go to lawyers and hookers!

8. Steve Robinson

Aint that the truth!!

9. Meaghan Edwards

Meaghan Edwards Well-Known Member

I smell bull pucky :D

10. Chlidonias

Chlidonias Moderator Staff Member 15+ year member

according to the article the park's new management (Tim Husband is specifically mentioned) are appealing for the necessary money, not Craig Busch, so if the story is genuine then the money would (presumably) actually be used for the stated purpose.

11. ptig

ptig Well-Known Member

Surgery

I am very unclear about the surgical chances for this procedure, based on a discussion with my vet. What I was trying to get across though that Craig Busch is responsible for the declawing of the cats and as such if they were going to take a course of some repair surgery then he should foot the bill.

The chances of this are very slim, I suspect, and the "followers" should be willing to "fix up" Craig's poor decisions. I just find it incredible that people are so gullible to send him money in the first place without any thought how it actually would be spent.

He is a con man and should be able to account for all the donations down to the pence! Where are the NZ tax department in all of this? It must be income.

12. Steve Robinson

Meaghan - for the benefit of us antipodeans, would you care to define "pucky" in words that Sim would allow?!!!!

13. Steve Robinson

Hey, if begging for money on dodgy premises worked for Craig, why wouldn't it work for Patricia Busch and Tim Husband?

Seriously though, as there isn't an icecube's chance in hell of Craig or his motley crew of supporters ever being accountable for his misdeeds, this may be the only way that Mum and Tim can try to right some of the wrongs. However, my vet also raised his eyebrows at the likelihood of this procedure's long term success.

14. ptig

ptig Well-Known Member

repairing declawed cats

I read an article from the "claw project" about the surgery. While it may have benefits it does seem quite a daunting procedure. There does not seem to be a lot of additional information about it.

Craig should have certainly thought about the consequences before he decided to subject the cats to the de-clawings.

I would love to hear from a Craig supporter to understand why they would support him. There is not even a debate that he did have this performed to all of these cats. How can it be overlooked?

15. Monty

Monty Well-Known Member 15+ year member

But he loves the animals and they love him :eek:

Naa I can't pretend to be a Busch supporter it is to difficult and someone might think I'm serious. Hopefully some of his fans will come back and educate us. :rolleyes:

16. ptig

ptig Well-Known Member

Busch supporters

No, they are too scared! Maybe some reverse psychology will work on them.

17. crazy-cat

crazy-cat Well-Known Member

I would be more than happy to donate money towards the Paw Project , but would like to see official vets and recent MAF reports about their current condition first.

18. ptig

ptig Well-Known Member

current condition

I believe that their current condition would be one of NO CLAWS. I am not sure what you would need from MAF? Maybe a trust could be established so the money goes to the intended use. Maybe Craig could divert the large sume of money he has received from the "followers" and place it in the trust?

Having read the Craig Busch version of events he still does not want to shoulder the bulk of the responsibility. He blames it on MAF and his research into the practice. I am certain that this procedure has not been requested by any reputable animal trainers in the US in the last 15 to 20 years.

I fully realize that Craig is not the sharpest tool around.... but it astounds me that he surrounds himself in equally gullible "followers".

Last edited: 23 Nov 2009
  19. crazy-cat

crazy-cat Well-Known Member

My comment was in no way confrontational so please do not treat it as such
    The health of these cats is paramount and should be to all of us .
    I would be more than happy to contribute to this project if the highly esteemed vetinarian surgeon who would carry out this procedure could give her official professional opinion about how immediate these operations should be and also what effects the cats are suffering at the moment from the declawing procedure , also what the risk of general anaesthesia would be
    I understand that she has not actually been approached yet or examined the cats.

Last edited: 24 Nov 2009
  20. ptig

ptig Well-Known Member

Craig Busch

I do apologize for the confrontational tone. I have read a little article about the procedure and doubt that the benefits to the cats are worth putting them through it.

My point though is that followers still seem to think that Craig Busch gave or gives a S**t about the cats. I have had a tremendous amount of discussions about Craig and ZWG with several people, that I know quite well, who worked there and volunteered there. The stories that they tell in matter of fact conversations are absolutely horrible.

Craig would openly discuss and be proud of his role in these activities.Now the stories he says are lies. A bit hard to believe. He has burned dozens of people over the years and now it is finally catching up to him.

It is frustrating to see all of these people send him their hard earned money to support this kind of person. Does anyone ever question where the money has gone or how much he has raised? He still says that he has raised money for conservation but cannot show that he has given any significant funds to assist animals in the wild. If he were a charity his books would be open to auditing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.