Join our zoo community

Crocodile Farm and "zoo" (ฟาร์มจระเข้), Samut Prakan

Discussion in 'Thailand' started by mistifarang, 13 Jan 2012.

1. mistifarang

mistifarang Member

Commercial crocodile-breeding premises in Samut Prakan where, besides the live-stock also some other species than the “usable” alligator-material has been kept, most of the times under not acceptable circumstances, as the “zoo”-animals they keep as a side-attracting to generate additional income under the same poor circumstances.

Some animal “shows” are also high on the list as a disgusting alligator wrestling show and some performing elephants. One elephant-“performance” reminded me of the one in Safari World.

Apart from their “double-pricing” system (Thai 60 Baht and “farang” 300 Baht) a big part of the “zoo” has been poisoned by billboards showing “feeding 20 Baht” and “your photo with an animal 200 Baht”.

When you want to be “preferred” by eating something “special” you can for example swallow a crocodile-steak by paying 350 Baht. Just almost 100% profit as I suppose this “waist” cannot be used in the (posh) handbag-industry!

Anyway “up to you” as a very much used Thai saying, but my advice: not worth to visit these premises, although the “zoo” is (only) a little bit better than the shaming Pata “zoo” in Bangkok.

Here you find some impressions: CROCODILE FARM BANGKOK - Antoni Uni's Photos

2. vogelcommando

vogelcommando Well-Known Member 10+ year member

3. mistifarang

mistifarang Member

This is a very sad story which shouldn't have happen with such dangerous animals, but the fences around the sites were the crocodiles are are complete insufficient. But this seems to be cost-saving and a question of pure nonchalance!

RIP

"Another "Crocodile farm" is the same time under (drugs)-investigation: Raids target So Ming gang Anti-drug sweep hits 71 spots, seizes crocs"

Raids target So Ming gang | Bangkok Post: news.

My photos of the Samut Prakan "Crocodile Farm" can be found since short at:

Antoni Uni, el primero UniCo de l'Escala | SAMUTPRAKARN CROCODILE FARM AND ZOO

The Thai nonchalance can be expressed easily when during the floods several times a crocodile-hunt had to be organized, even in Bangkok, because some people breeding crocodiles were not secure enough to lock them in so they escaped (B.V. Koobon Rd.).

After Floods, Thailand Now Must Deal With Deadly Snakes and Crocodiles | TIME.com