Join our zoo community

Dallas World Aquarium Dallas World Aquarium Map?

Discussion in 'United States' started by chrisbarela, 12 Aug 2013.

1. chrisbarela

chrisbarela Well-Known Member

Would anyone have a DWA floor map that they would not mind scanning / taking a cell photo of and emailing me (or posting to the DWA page)?

2. TheOnlineZoo

TheOnlineZoo Well-Known Member

I've been there three times, and I don't remember ever getting a map. I could be wrong, but I don't think they hand them out. The aquarium is laid out so that there is a single path to follow and you just keep going forward to see everything. It's actually laid out really well for the humans, although some of the enclosures are a bit small for the animals.

If you want, I can reference my photos and memory and provide a walking tour of the facility. Just let me know so I don't spend time creating that if it won't help you.

3. jbnbsn99

jbnbsn99 Well-Known Member

There is a map, or rather it's a guidebook handed out to everyone.

4. TheOnlineZoo

TheOnlineZoo Well-Known Member

I remember getting a pamphlet/booklet/whatever as you enter, but I didn't remember it having a map. I'm sorry for giving bad information.

I did a Google search for a map, but I had no luck. However, I did come across a page where someone wrote up a walk-through like I was proposing. His visit was four years ago, but it seemed pretty accurate.

20090425 Dallas Aquarium

Be sure to check out the photo of the "tiger". :D

5. PAT

PAT Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Sorry to bump this old thread but a recent discussion about DWA on here has got me interested and I can't find a map anywhere on the internet. Does anyone know a link to one or have a paper copy they could possibly upload or PM me? I'd be very grateful :)

6. fkalltheway

fkalltheway Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Like others have said, there isn't a simple map like most other places, at least as far as I know. There's a guidebook/magazine-type thing you get when you enter, and there's maps for each section in there, some by floor with highlighted species (but species I think change more often than they update the map). It's like 20 or so pages, full color.