Join our zoo community

United States Dallas Zoo New Years Day

Discussion in 'Events & Meetups' started by Arizona Docent, 20 Dec 2010.

1. Arizona Docent

Arizona Docent Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Attention all central Texas ZooChatters: Let's meet at Dallas Zoo on New Year's Day (2011). Since it is both a Saturday and a holiday, I am assuming most of you don't have to work. I will be there for the weekend and would love to get together for lunch at the zoo cafe in GOTS.

Please reply to this thread if you are available.

2. Trowaman

Trowaman Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Possibly, my birthday is the 31st and I'm having a party at my place (yay Grad school/college). This depends a lot on how much I have to drink and what time I go to sleep. I'm interested, but very unsure. I'm also driving back to Denton form Houston on the 30th. I'll keep you posted.

3. Dallaspachyderm

Dallaspachyderm Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I will be at my Grandparents house, and probably won't be able to get to the Dallas zoo in time! Would you please make a review of the zoo? I wan't to know what you think!

4. Arizona Docent

Arizona Docent Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Well, since it looks like this is a no go, I have made a last minute change of plans. I have decided to rent a car (since the TRE train doesn't run on Sundays to get me back to the airport). I am going to use it to go to Fort Worth Zoo on Saturday (New Year's) and will be at Dallas Zoo on Sunday only. Just wanted to post this in case JBSN99 or someone else was there looking for me.

Will probably work out better, because Saturday is forecast to be in the 40's (Farenheit) so the elephants and gorillas may not be out. Good day to stay inside MOLA at Fort Worth. Sunday is forecast to be in the 50's, so hopefully that is warm enough to let the elephants out.

5. Trowaman

Trowaman Well-Known Member 10+ year member

FWIW, Sunday does work MUCH better for me, no hang over to worry about. It's always just a question of me waking up in the morning.