Join our zoo community

Deep Ocean

Discussion in 'TV, Movies, Books about Zoos & Wildlife' started by Chlidonias, 23 Jul 2008.

1. Chlidonias

Chlidonias Moderator Staff Member 15+ year member

has anyone seen the sperm whale documentary "Deep Ocean"? I just saw it a few days ago; I thought it was going to be rubbish because its primarily CGI, but it turned out to be really good. The story follows the life of a sperm whale bull from birth to death, so naturally it is very contrived but it is done very well. The best bits were the CGI colossal squid and the very end scene of sperm whales swimming through a drowned city after global warming has flooded the planet. Recommended

2. Chris79

Chris79 Well-Known Member 15+ year member

I haven't seen it but it sounds like you are describing "Ocean Odyssey", as the 2 programmes were called in the UK. I believe they were created by the team behind "Walking With Dinosaurs" and its various sequels.

3. Chlidonias

Chlidonias Moderator Staff Member 15+ year member

yes, I just found out today while looking on the internet to see how much it would be to buy, that the real title is "Ocean Odyssey". On tv here it was played as one 2-hour episode called "Deep Ocean"