Join our zoo community

DesigningZoos.com Meetup @ AZA Orlando!

Discussion in 'Events & Meetups' started by designingzoos, 9 Sep 2014.

1. designingzoos

designingzoos Active Member

Hi all!

Just wanted to send an open invite to anyone who will be attending the National AZA / IMATA Conference next week in Orlando to the DZ Meetup on Tuesday night!

Here are the details:
    DZ Meet-Up at AZA National–Orlando! | Designing Zoos

Please RSVP to me via email: [email protected] by Tuesday afternoon 9/16.

Also, I will be leading a session on "Enrichment as Guest Experience" on that same day at 4pm with experts from Chicago Zoological Society, Georgia Aquarium, Abilene Zoo, and Columbus Zoo.

Hope to see you there!!
    Stacey

2. Ituri

Ituri Well-Known Member 15+ year member

It really is too bad that your session is up against the first session of "Exhibit Design-What's New and Innovative"!

3. designingzoos

Tell me about it! Last year, these two sessions were the most popular of the entire conference, and now they are head to head! I'm hoping that folks will get up and swap between sessions, though, so everyone gets a little taste of both.

4. Ituri

Ituri Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Well then tell me....which half of your session is better? The first half or the second? :D

5. designingzoos

I suppose it depends on your area of interest. I'm doing a little intro talk on enrichment in general and how the guest experience is integral, followed by CZS expert to talk about Animal Interactions as Enrichment, followed by Georgia Aquarium talking about enrichment sessions led by guests as special experiences and enrichment, followed by Abilene Zoo talking about how enrichment days (focused on guest experiences) have enhanced their overall enrichment program, followed by the ever popular Columbus Zoo team talking specifically about Heart of Africa and how training and demonstrations are enriching and how they were built into this particular exhibit. Phew!

6. Zooplantman

Zooplantman Well-Known Member

YEAH!
    This was my fear in putting together a session. Fortunately I am not up against the design sessions.
    Which doesn't help me figure out what to do Tuesday afternoon :eek: