Join our zoo community

Detroit Zoo in Minecraft [WIP]

Discussion in 'Zoo Games & Simulators' started by Bisonblake, 1 Apr 2020.

1. CheeseChameleon1945

CheeseChameleon1945 Well-Known Member

No, I haven't. I'll have to learn how to do that. Most of the Mods I would like to install aren't for my version of minecraft, (no Idea how to switch versions).

2. WalkingAgnatha

WalkingAgnatha Well-Known Member

You can't swap versions, you have to buy the other version if you want it, also I think Twitch might only work for Java, so if you're on Bedrock i guess you're out of luck, although if you're on Pocket Edition you could just download an addon app from the app store and just add it to your
    Minecraft world.

CheeseChameleon1945 likes this.
  3. CheeseChameleon1945

CheeseChameleon1945 Well-Known Member

Im on Java. Its alright, I'm making progress on my normal minecraft animal zoo so thats alright.

4. Bisonblake

Bisonblake Well-Known Member

I think it's about time that I share an update, as it has been quite some time since the last one.

First off, I have started to re-outline the front of the zoo. So far, I'm proud of the way it's looking. Obviously, there is a lot more outlining left to do
    2021-02-17.png

Outlining does get pretty boring after a while, so as you can see I started to work on the Wildlife Interpretive Gallery.
    2021-02-17 (2).png

I love the way this came out to look and hoping the rest of the zoo looks just as good. The inside of the gallery has not been touched a lot, but it will be the next thing to be worked on, as well as the entrance to the zoo. Here's a picture of the old wildlife interpretive gallery so you can compare the two.
    2021-02-17 (3).png

5. Bisonblake

Bisonblake Well-Known Member

Well, it's been almost two years since I made a post on this thread. I did not forget about this thread, I've just lost a lot of motivation to build. Progress has been very slow. Anyways, here are some updates about what's happened since last February.

Minecraft 12_16_2022 10_58_47 AM.png
    A majority of the area around the entrance has been completed. It may not be completely obvious, but the outlines have been changed a little bit. My outlines in the last update were angled which was a wrong measurement on my part. Those have been corrected. The newest completions are the main entrance (including the gift shop, ticket booths, and restrooms), Polk Penguin Conservation Center, and the old penguinarium. The train station has been mostly completed.

Here is an overhead view of the same area in the old build so all of you can see what changes were made: Minecraft 12_16_2022 11_27_09 AM.png

Biggest Improvements:
    • More detail everywhere
    • The paths have been changed to a darker gray color
    • Measurements have been improved to be more accurate.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Minecraft 12_16_2022 10_59_25 AM.png
    The Polk Penguin Conservation Center has made some drastic improvements. The triangular architecture is more noticeable than in the last build. The detailing on the exterior was also improved by alternating between quartz and smooth quartz blocks (the color difference between blocks is minuscule but it's enough to add some detail).

Minecraft 12_16_2022 10_59_45 AM.png
    The former penguinarium has also had some improvements. The building did increase in size a little bit and the roof has a smoother slope. Now that I'm not using the texture pack I used in the last build, I had to find a replacement for the bricks of the building. I chose to alternate between smooth sandstone and endstone bricks as this was the closest match I could come up with.

What's next:
    • Landscaping needs to be done everywhere.
    • The train station needs to be completed, including the pond/fountain, and tracks.
    • The restroom near the Polk Penguin Conservation Center.
    • After those three points are completed I will start moving toward the National Amphibian Conservation Center and the Cotton Family Wetlands.
    • The parking lots do need to be completed, but I am debating with myself if I want to do it now or wait until the entire zoo is finished (that was my original plan for the last build).

Haley and StoppableSan like this.
  6. Haley

Haley Well-Known Member

Pretty impressive to recreate a zoo in Minecraft. Great job!