Join our zoo community

Did any1 see torchwood last night? (spoiler alert)

Discussion in 'Zoo Cafe' started by elephant400, 7 Jul 2009.

1. elephant400

elephant400 Well-Known Member

Hi Elephant400 here,
    i know this is about zoo's, but i guess people talk about sports on here so why not a quick Sci-Fi, but ovbiously not too much about sci-fi as the thing that i love about this site is that it's all things zoo, lol. Anyway did any1 of u brits see "Torchwood : Children of Earth", i thought it was amazing. It's shown all week 6th - 10th of July. What do u "Woodies"
    ("Woodies" is a term used to discribe torchwood fans) think of it? or What ZooChatters thought of Sci-Fi and Torchwood?
    ;)

2. Animal

Animal Well-Known Member 15+ year member

It was so much darker than before. Liked it, altough i dont get the whole story right now. Who wants them dead. And whats that with the kids?^^
    Jack has a daugther!!! This was such a suprise!

I guess the only thing i missed were Martha and Mickey, cause in one of the last Dr.Who episodes it seemed that they team up with jack and torchwood.

And why didn't they think for a kid they know? Luke, the son of Sarah Jane. She would have certainly helped.

I so cant wait for the next episode!

3. Zambar

Zambar Well-Known Member 15+ year member 10+ year member 5+ year member

Zoo Cafe would be best for this. ;)

As you can tell by my username, you can tell I'm a big whovian (term for a doctor who fan) and Torchwood is no exception. Last night's was brill, and it'd be interesting to see how the 456's messages adapt over the week. And Animal, Martha and Mickey were planned for the series but had to be pulled out when it turned out Freema Agyeman and Noel Clarke's schedules were too busy, but they may join in the future. And I expect this only affects children who haven't yet developed hormonally, so Luke may be a bit old. Not to mention he's too far away and not a 'true' human in the sense. ;)

4. Animal

The second episode was even better :) But maybe they should call the doctor :D

5. redpanda

redpanda Well-Known Member

I am also a massive Doctor Who and Torchwood fan. I like the idea of having a five episodes on consecutive nights as I find it hard to wait for a week! I thought that Day 1 was awesomely good although I thought the standard dropped a bit last night (still good though). I think that they have really stepped it up a gear this series and I look forward to the final three installments.

6. HuxleyPig

HuxleyPig Well-Known Member

Awwh, sad episode tonight. :(

7. elephant400

elephant400 Well-Known Member

OMG, can't belive they killed Ianto Jones off, it'll be weird without him, is Rhys the new Ianto?????????

8. redpanda

redpanda Well-Known Member

I reckon Lois will be imediate replacement but maybe Rhys will join the team aswell.

9. Animal

So now its very clear that a season 4 wouldn't make much sense...

War really hard stuff but really real. That made it so horrible. But also just good made episodes. I'm still stunned!

10. Zambar

I'm hoping that in the final Doctor Who specials, the Doctor will find Jack at the spaceport, give him a smack round the back and tell him to go back to Cardiff. :p

11. Animal

Jack had to kill his own grandson... I think nothing can make him go back!

12. kiang

kiang Well-Known Member 15+ year member

It was a well made series, very gripping and more and more unnerving as it reached its climax.
    Apart from Jack and the Welsh bint (can't stand her), i think that is all the original cast killed off after only a couple of series.

13. Bele

Bele Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Really enjoyed it all week , very clever twists in the story .

14. Zambar

Rhys and Andy are the only other original cast members survivng next to Jack and Gwen.

In a fourth series I think the ideal new Torchwood team would be Gwen and Rhys, Martha and Mickey to follow the idea set by the Doctor Who S4 finale, and of course Lois.