Join our zoo community

Do they still exist?

Discussion in 'Romania' started by Otorongo, 9 Apr 2022.

1. Otorongo

Otorongo Well-Known Member 10+ year member

Hej guys, I'm planning a zoo trip to Romania and need some help. There are some zoos there that I'm not sure if they still exist. My research goes into a dead end. It would be great whether you can help me to uncover the secrets of:

• Baia Mare (Zoo) - uncertain status
    • Buhusi (Zoo) - Maybe the same of „Piatra Neamt”
    • Caracal (Zoo) - Maybe „Craiova Zoo“ and not the closed one at Caracal
    • Onesti (Zoo) - uncertain status
    • Piatra Neamt (Grădina Zoologică (Parcul Zoologic Cozla)) - Maybe the same as „Buhusi Zoo”
    • Slatina (Zoo) - uncertain status
    • Tecuci (Zoo) - Uncertain if there is a new one or only the closed old one

Kifaru Bwana likes this.
  2. Dassie rat

Dassie rat Well-Known Member 10+ year member

According to ZTL, the Baia Mare, Buhusi, Piatra Niemt, Slatina and Tecuci Zoos closed down. There are zoos at Caracal and Onesti, but ZTL does not list any species.

There are several zoos in Romania: ZootierlisteHomepage.
    Bacau is one of 5 ZTL zoos with an eastern slow-worm
    Bucharest Zoo is one of 5 ZTL zoos with a lesser spiny eel and the only one with a Cantor's giant soft-shelled turtle and a triplespot wrasse
    The Constanta Aquarium is one of 4 ZTL collections with a Siamese tiger fish, one of 3 with a Chizumulu bluegrey mbuna, one of 2 with an iceblus labidochromis and slender rainbowfish and the only one with a dwarf moony, spotted hoplo, threespot cichlid and pink squirrelfish.
    The Constanta Dolphinarium is one of 5 ZTL collections with a Pacific bottlenose dolphin
    The Constanta Expositie de Pasari Exotice is one of 5 ZTL collections with a Cordilleran parakeet
    The Galati Aquarium is one of 4 ZTL collections with a Petzea chub, one of 3 with a blackgullet cichlid and the only one with a Dnieper chub, yellow cichlid, bicolor scalyfin, pygmy hatchetfish and Danube ruffe
    Oradea is one of 4 ZTL zoos with a little corydoras and the only one with a Mbamba Bay cichlid and silver otocinclus
    The Ploiesti Aquarium is the only ZTL collection with a two spot barb
    Targoviste is one of 4 ZTL zoos with a yellow-legged gull and one of 2 with a Peruvian tetra

3. Otorongo

I know the ZTL very well. Some information there do not match with my research. I want to change the data there after I could confirm my research.
    I need sb who knows the reality.
    I asked some Romanian zoos for help but they couldn't. I was forwarded to a department and now I'm waiting....

Kifaru Bwana likes this.
  4. Kifaru Bwana

Kifaru Bwana Well-Known Member 15+ year member

Zoo Tirgu Mures.

5. Otorongo

What do want to tell me?
    I know all zoos there. I only want to know whether the listed ones (see above) still exist or which the real name/town is?

6. Dassie rat

Dassie rat Well-Known Member 10+ year member