Join our zoo community

Dormouse Garden, Europe on the edge, and surround

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Ashley, 18 Apr 2020.

1. Ashley

Ashley Active Member

Hi all. I'm building Chester Zoo in the game Planet Zoo. Currently working on the area on the opposite side of Flag Lane to the elephants, but I think it has changed a fair bit since I was there. Certainly the Dormouse Garden is new to me. I've read some stuff on images on this site of the Europe on the edge enclosure that suggest that might have undergone big changes, too. Can anyone confirm this for me?

Does anyone have some good reference images/video of this area of the zoo that they don't mind sharing? The images in the gallery are great, but as Google maps are behind the times I would really benefit from images that show the spaces as a whole from different angles. I'd also be glad of images that show relative positioning of different areas to one another, Dormouse Garden to Black Vulture enclosure, to Andes Garden, etc.

Here is the loose plan of layout that I've come up with so far.

Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to offer.
    2.png

2. TeaLovingDave

TeaLovingDave Moderator Staff Member 10+ year member

Yep - it no longer exists.

Ashley likes this.
  3. Ashley

Ashley Active Member

So about as big as 'changes' gets, then!

4. Ashley

Ashley Active Member

Turns out I don't know my aviary from my elbow! It's the Condor Cliffs aviary that I'm talking about above, not Europe on the edge. Anybody got anything on that? I've seen there's photographs in the gallery of work being carried out in 2017. Any imagery more recent than that?

5. amur leopard

amur leopard Well-Known Member 5+ year member

I went in 2018 I think but I don't think I have any photos of this particular area, sorry :(

6. Ashley

Ashley Active Member

That's alright! I'm doing what I can with it right now. The most difficult bit will be the Dormouse Garden as I can only really find publicity shots of it and they're all close in and from a particular angle so I can't really figure out distances or positioning from them.
    I was planning to visit some time around now so I could get plenty of shots and footage to work from, but circumstances overtook me! I plan to go at the first opportunity, but that's probably not going to be any time soon.

amur leopard likes this.