Join our zoo community

Doucs And Dong: Chlidonias Goes To Asia, part four (2015)

Discussion in 'Asia - General' started by Chlidonias, 29 Aug 2015.

1. Chlidonias

Chlidonias Moderator Staff Member 15+ year member

well I predict Part Five will occur sometime between now and the start of the next trip.

2. devilfish

devilfish Well-Known Member

Another brilliant adventure thread Chli! I don't know what to do now that it's over.
    I seriously think you should look into crowd funding at least part of your next trip, and maybe turn it into a book :)

3. Chlidonias

Chlidonias Moderator Staff Member 15+ year member

well I keep suggesting that you all pay for my next trip(s) but nobody takes me up on it! For shame.

I would like to turn the trips into books but when I'm working I can't find the time to write them, and when I'm not working I'm busy travelling. I mean, even this thread took a month to finish. One day though.

4. lintworm

lintworm Well-Known Member 15+ year member

I enjoyed reading every bit of your stories! I have had only very unreliable internet connections most of the times, so I ended up reading everything when here in Addis Abeba.

Your stories about leeches and horseflies sound very very familiar with my experiences in Malagasy rainforests, so they were a lot of fun to read (though less fun to go through).

And your comments about nature conservation do really remind me of the current situation here in Ethiopia, where things like a national park are mainly written down somewhere but not enforced at all, with a government that is only interested in short term gains and in copying China...

5. baboon

baboon Well-Known Member 10+ year member

When the story enters the Malaysia part, it gives me a feeling of "Oh the animals finally come out!" :(
    But the black-shanked douc, ferret-badger and the black-coloured muntjac still make Vietnam a place worth visiting !